The Student Room Group

stuck on A level options

I had two questions-
These are my current grades for GCSE and I was wondering whether they were enough to get into medical school:
English Language and Literature- Both A's
Maths- B
Geography- A*
Biology-A
Physics-A
Psychology- A*
French- A
Citizenship- A*
Chemistry- A

Also I have decided to choose Biology, Chemistry and Physics as my A level options. I was considering choosing maths but don't like it and would prefer not to. Would picking Physics at A level be enough or is Maths essential and finally would Psychology make a good fourth A level as I have no clue what to pick instead of Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saico
I had two questions-
These are my current grades for GCSE and I was wondering whether they were enough to get into medical school:
English Language and Literature- Both A's
Maths- B
Geography- A*
Biology-A
Physics-A
Psychology- A*
French- A
Citizenship- A*
Chemistry- A

Also I have decided to choose Biology, Chemistry and Physics as my A level options. I was considering choosing maths but don't like it and would prefer not to. Would picking Physics at A level be enough or is Maths essential and finally would Psychology make a good fourth A level as I have no clue what to pick instead of Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some colleges won't let you do Chem/Physics without Maths but otherwise I can't see it being a problem. Psychology is great to do if you're good at the sciences, and personally I have loved studying it.

Quick Reply

Latest