The Student Room Group

Most likely candidates for dark matter = Neutrinos and black holes?

Someone please explain this statement.

What does this mean is this what ark matter is made of?
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
Someone please explain this statement.

What does this mean is this what ark matter is made of?

Yeah. Although I have not dealt with dark matter so much so far, I would say this statement means that physicists guess that it consists of these particles.
Original post by Kallisto
Yeah. Although I have not dealt with dark matter so much so far, I would say this statement means that physicists guess that it consists of these particles.

I'm not a physicist but I've read quite a bit about it.
I don't see how black hole's can be dark matter...
Given that 27% of all 'stuff'' in the universe is made up of dark matter.
Also neutrinos and dark matter are different things, neutrinos are tiny ass particles, dark matter is pretty much all the other fluff in the universe excluding visible matter.
At least that's from my understanding of it.
I see thanks..

Original post by Kallisto

Original post by BobbyFlay
Also neutrinos and dark matter are different things, neutrinos are tiny ass particles, dark matter is pretty much all the other fluff in the universe excluding visible matter.
Original post by BobbyFlay

Have a bit watch about it. By the look of it, this dark matter has a mass, but no one in science knows up to these days which particles make this matter up. Neutrinos were candidates for it til the scientists found out that these particles have hardly rest mass which was the reason for that consideration. Its said that the visible matter is 5% of the universe, while the dark matter is 'just' 24% of it (instead of 27% as you wrote). One of the most interesting thing at the moment is that dark matter was responsible for big bang: its said that dark matter became visible matter at once which caused the genesis and the existence. Is that true? what do you think about it?

Is it true that black holes are former stars and planets which were compressed so much that they have a strong pull which absorbs every matter and even the light? Have heard that every matter with a mass which is in the range of a black hole is absorbed first and changed into energy after that (after Einstein's well known formula). Moreover I have experienced that time does not exist in the inner of black holes, so everything which is absorbed is captured in a timeless dark room...
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest