The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Accomodation (preston)

Scroll to see replies

aww ive got one on tuesday, gonna hardcore revise tomorrow and monday and i should be ok!
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 61
ah i hate revision, i just suck at it! i go over stuff but it just doesnt stay in ma head :P had to do a huge amount of revision for psychology tho... memorised 16 essays!

x-x Katie x-x
to be honest.
Universities will let you in if you're up to about 100 points off your target.
just phone them up on results day and tell them you weren't at your best.
They just want your money anyway.
Yeah i lied about hardcore revising today, i forgot it was fathers day! so i've had to go out with him blah!
I should think i'll get in, as they know my predicted grades which arent particularly good!
piratexpants
to be honest.
Universities will let you in if you're up to about 100 points off your target.
just phone them up on results day and tell them you weren't at your best.
They just want your money anyway.

I have had a reasonably hard time this week to be honest.
Reply 65
ribble hall anybody??? flat 14....i think
on the ucas you go further website, there's lots of folk who are going into the roeburn flats and ribble hall.
But no one seems to be going to my silly brennand halls at all :frown:
Reply 67
piratexpants
on the ucas you go further website, there's lots of folk who are going into the roeburn flats and ribble hall.
But no one seems to be going to my silly brennand halls at all :frown:

lol im sure ul not be the only 1 there. otherwise not bad having a whole building to yourself for like 60 quid a week or whatever :cool:
heh
I might rent it out myself if I am :biggrin:
I'm just worried that i might end up with a LOT of international students. Not that that would be an entirely bad thing or anything.
It's just that I don't think we'd have very much in common...
piratexpants
heh
I might rent it out myself if I am :biggrin:
I'm just worried that i might end up with a LOT of international students. Not that that would be an entirely bad thing or anything.
It's just that I don't think we'd have very much in common...

You'll be surprised. I talk to a girl from China and she is fun fun. Just like a typical student but she lives in China. Theres always plenty to talk about with international students and if anything its fun to show them all the english ways and stuff

My friend one year lived with a lad from thailand who used to leave slabs of meat on the sideboard to defrost, no plate to catch the blood or anything. Still she said he was nice to talk to lol.
I read my post then and though "oh god i sound horrible"
I just meant, hmm, if there's a language barrier or something. But if they're studying over here then most people will know a lot of english anyway. Ah I feel much better now I've thought about it :biggrin:

I'm super super excited about uni now. I just want to run around befriending everyone like a loon!
piratexpants
I read my post then and though "oh god i sound horrible"
I just meant, hmm, if there's a language barrier or something. But if they're studying over here then most people will know a lot of english anyway. Ah I feel much better now I've thought about it :biggrin:

I'm super super excited about uni now. I just want to run around befriending everyone like a loon!

English is quite a widely spread language, its a second language to most internationals who choose to come here. In fact there is someone from hungary on here and if they didnt have it as their location you wouldnt even guess.
I think it was Topps. Like I said though its hard to tell because theres no difference :biggrin:

You didnt sound horrible at all. People from different cultures just have different interests sometimes but most students love to meet new people and have fun and we're all the same in that respect!
Reply 72
yah most ppl speak english properly, i live in the middle east and i noticed tht those who do speak it well have an american accent (not extreme kind though:p: )
Reply 73
anyone in ribble hall flat 3?:smile:
Reply 74
no flat 14 but i do no of 3 people in flat 4
Reply 75
ah damn...i guess i'll have to find them on facebook thn :p:
Reply 76
has anyone found people in roeburn flat 7 on their travels around these websites? lol

x-x Katie x-x
eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I just found someone in brennand near meee!
I'm so happy :biggrin:
Reply 78
can't find anyone :frown: ....
Reply 79
CRLS
Flat 6 Room 1

Are you REALLY REALLY not allowed to do anything to the walls?

I was looking at the room on the UCLAN website and there's no room for anything.

I have a bunch of trainers, hats, and other stuff and there's just going to be nowhere to put it!

Hey, I think I might be in the same flat as you, if 06/002 means flat 6 room 2 then I think I'm in the same flat as you lad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending