The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Accomodation (preston)

Scroll to see replies

Dan UK
Hey, I think I might be in the same flat as you, if 06/002 means flat 6 room 2 then I think I'm in the same flat as you lad.

U have to post about yourself in our faces of uclan thread so we know a little about u and what u look like :biggrin:

Well not really but i'd like you to!
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 81
Blazenmoon
U have to post about yourself in our faces of uclan thread so we know a little about u and what u look like :biggrin:

Well not really but i'd like you to!

Meh! Thats just silly..don't be silly!....I'll think about it but you sound like you have a cunning plan to laugh....:smile:
Dan UK
Meh! Thats just silly..don't be silly!....I'll think about it but you sound like you have a cunning plan to laugh....:smile:

oooh so there's something to laugh at is there!
Hey everyone :smile: all my accommodation n that lot has been sorted finally so i thought id some on here and see if anyone of you have the pleasure of having the same halls as moi im in blakewater house block A 2nd floor room 201 anyone else? I've had a quick look on the thread but cant seem to find anyone :frown:
oldskoolnutter
Hey everyone :smile: all my accommodation n that lot has been sorted finally so i thought id some on here and see if anyone of you have the pleasure of having the same halls as moi im in blakewater house block A 2nd floor room 201 anyone else? I've had a quick look on the thread but cant seem to find anyone :frown:

Nobody as of yet, keep peeking back :biggrin:

And now im just following you around threads :rolleyes:
Havent got a clue what my flat number/block is. Infact, im not even sure i got my contract as me mums sorting it all out.

Got my student libary card thingy majig about a month ago though, so im assuming its all going to plan.

Im appling for en-suite so i'll be in roeburn. It says these are non-smoking..Anyone know how strict this is? Ie. If i just spray the room and use an ashtray ill be okay
Reply 86
some uni`s have smoke detectors in rooms, i wudnt be bothered about smoking in a room
it's gonna be illegal to smoke in there anyway.
with the smoking ban applying to england too

But unless there's smoke detectors or snitchy neighbours then you probably don't have to worry.
piratexpants
it's gonna be illegal to smoke in there anyway.
with the smoking ban applying to england too

But unless there's smoke detectors or snitchy neighbours then you probably don't have to worry.

Surely the ban on 1st july doesnt cover smoking in your own room?

Anyway, ill just use an ash tray and hope no one grasses me up.
Well I applied for a smoking room but when i got my contract through it stated that you are not allowed to smoke in ANY of the accomodation anymore and so if you originally applied for smoking accomodation then it is now non-smoking, I personally think that it is bang out of order if I am paying like 2 grand for my accomodation i should at least be allowed to smoke in my own room as it is not covered by the smoking ban but obviously the uni has other ideas :mad:
suppose it's so you don't set fire to yourself and that.
:/
oldskoolnutter
Well I applied for a smoking room but when i got my contract through it stated that you are not allowed to smoke in ANY of the accomodation anymore and so if you originally applied for smoking accomodation then it is now non-smoking, I personally think that it is bang out of order if I am paying like 2 grand for my accomodation i should at least be allowed to smoke in my own room as it is not covered by the smoking ban but obviously the uni has other ideas :mad:

Cant see them enforcing it very well.

You get notice to inspections, so just tidy up before they come.
Reply 92
exactly
Reply 93
anyone been denied accomodation yet? i applied for roeburn, but when i seen that people were gettin contracts i rang up and found out i was denied because i live in blackpool, and that i should shortly be getting a letter to confirm this, still havent had it through, it would of been so annoying if i hadn't of rang up, just applied to leighton halls (private) and sent of my booking fee, anyone else goin there? also studying computer games development
Reply 94
samg
also studying computer games development

I'm doing games design, Eden Hall, flat 11, room 3.
I'm studying Psychology, staying in Blakewater, room 006... Met one or two people staying in Blakewater on flying start, but noone seems to be near me...
Skinwalker
I'm studying Psychology, staying in Blakewater, room 006... Met one or two people staying in Blakewater on flying start, but noone seems to be near me...

Woohoo iv found someone in Blakewater, thank god im not gona be on me tod lol I was on flying start too but couldn't find anyone staying in Blakewater. Im in room 201 so im guessing im on a different floor but hey :biggrin: .x.
Reply 97
cpj1987
treefriends, that depends completely on what you're looking for.
Whitendale and Roeburn are about equal in quality, and are the two most popular halls on campus; the only real difference being that Roeburn is en-suite, and Whitendale has the shared bathroom.
Derwent, Douglas, Ribble and Eden are apparently quite nice, but are smaller and slightly further away from the central campus area, and apparently the traditional halls Blakewater, Brennand, Brock, Brun are less attractive to live in, in terms of decor etc, but they involve a more close-knit community if you prefer that :smile:
I lived in Roeburn for my first year because I didn't want to share a bathroom and I was happy being there, but I know others from Whitendale who preferred sharing and had a fun year there too.
Hope that helps a bit :smile:

Thank you!!! I really wanna go to UCLan so i've been wondering about halls...
Boon!
I'm doing games design, Eden Hall, flat 11, room 3.

right im new to this but im in flat 11 room 2!!!!!!
Reply 99
this thread is like 3 years old

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending