The Student Room Group

UCL Pharmacy 2016

Hey guys,
I have applied to UCL pharmacy in October, but did not get any replies yet. :frown:
My predicted: A*AB
Has anyone got any offers or interviews yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
UCL interview on the 29th jan.
Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Interview tomorrow, I'm so scared!
Original post by Mehek1

could you let me know how it goes? i have mine coming up
Reply 4
Sure! How have you been preparing? Do you know anything about the written test? Im a gap year so I'm really weak academically atm
Original post by Mehek1
Sure! How have you been preparing? Do you know anything about the written test? Im a gap year so I'm really weak academically atm

yes i have prepared a tiny bit however I'm really weak atm as well, so all the best to us. i don't really know what to expect, dm me?
Reply 6
Original post by Mehek1

Good luck to you :smile: mine was supposed to be tommorow, but i had to change it.

Original post by lovejoy212
could you let me know how it goes? i have mine coming up

If you dont mind me asking, when is your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, good luck to everyone who has their interview coming up so soon! I would really appreciate it if you could drop some feedback as to how the day went, how it was organised and any tips for the actual interview itself. From my understanding, they are going to show those invited to the interview a tour of the Pharmacy school, an opportunity to speak to current students and other members of staff and there is a written assessment too. Any information would be much appreciated ^^ So please drop your comments here or dm me :wink:
Good luck to those with interviews today, I'm a current student at UCL SOP so will probably see a fair few nervous faces when I'm in uni on Friday, when the next interviews are..but just stay calm and try your best. Easier said than done:/
Any questions about the uni etc, fire away..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by beansontoast92
Good luck to those with interviews tomorrow, in a current student at UCL SOP so will probably see a fair few nervous faces tomorrow..but just stay calm and try your best. Easier said than done:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you share your experience of the interview back when you applied? :smile:
Original post by blueangel328
Could you share your experience of the interview back when you applied? :smile:

For the past few years, they haven't interviewed candidates and a decision of an offer has solely been on academic background, personal statements and references. So cant help you about that unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the past few years, they haven't interviewed candidates and a decision of an offer has solely been on academic background, personal statements and references. So cant help you about that unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see!! No worries, you guys have been pretty lucky then
Original post by blueangel328
Oh I see!! No worries, you guys have been pretty lucky then

Well lucky to some extent..having interviews is really important in finding potential pharmacists. As you already know, pharmacists need to be able to speak effectively and communicate clearly and confidently with people. This is essentially, in one way, what the interviewers are looking for.
There are some people in my course that probably wouldn't have got in had they been interviewed because of their lack of communication skills. Might sound harsh but it's true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Hey guys. I had my interview today and it really wasn't that bad. No mean questions. The day starts with a talk and you get put into groups. I had the tour, interview and then the written test but your order may be different.

Interview:
You get 2 booths and both had about 5 questions and they want to get to know YOU so just be yourself! Prepare the common questions!!

Test:
I failed the test but it's just numeracy, then situational judgement (4 scenarios) and then a 10 minute essay :smile:
It's like section 3 of the BMAT?

Good luck guys, stay calm because my interviewers were super nice and I was laughing with them most the time
Reply 14
Original post by Mehek1
Hey guys. I had my interview today and it really wasn't that bad. No mean questions. The day starts with a talk and you get put into groups. I had the tour, interview and then the written test but your order may be different.

Interview:
You get 2 booths and both had about 5 questions and they want to get to know YOU so just be yourself! Prepare the common questions!!

Test:
I failed the test but it's just numeracy, then situational judgement (4 scenarios) and then a 10 minute essay :smile:
It's like section 3 of the BMAT?

Good luck guys, stay calm because my interviewers were super nice and I was laughing with them most the time

Is the 10 minute essay related to pharmacy.
And did they say, when they give out the offers or rejections?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by SaphBruh
Is the 10 minute essay related to pharmacy.
And did they say, when they give out the offers or rejections?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Related to the NHS and they said about 10 days :smile:
Good luck to those with interviews today, I'm a current student at UCL SOP so will probably see a fair few nervous faces when I'm in uni on Friday, when the next interviews are..but just stay calm and try your best. Easier said than done:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, what are the teaching methods for pharmacy at ucl?
We have general lectures, group workshops which basically they give you work to do in groups and ask for help is and when you need it (similar to ALevels) and practical classes and of course independent study....but recently they have started recording most lectures and putting it on moodle, which is fantastic so you can listen back when you come to revising it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehek1

Hello, hope you get an offer. Just wanted to ask a few Q's since I'm worried about my interview. Was the NHS question hard? Because all I've done is research NHS reforms? Also, how difficult were the maths questions? Is it like long division and algebra or simpler? Were there any hard questions they asked? And do you have any general advice? Sorry for bombarding but I'm just worried. :s-smilie:
Original post by Mehek1

Also, what are the other candidates like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending