The Student Room Group

The California Attacks Were ISIS Terror Attacks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
It was a little more than workplace dispute. They planted a bomb in the centre and had prepared pipe bombs which they were travelling with. It was a planned attack.

Really? There's no mention of explosives in the LA times or the BBC while CNN just has a small line about something that looked like a bomb coming out through the window. No mention of a planted bomb or an arsenal of ones being travelled with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Really? There's no mention of explosives in the LA times or the BBC while CNN just has a small line about something that looked like a bomb coming out through the window. No mention of a planted bomb or an arsenal of ones being travelled with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here is the BBC report regarding finding explosives at the home ->
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35000998

Boston Globe ->
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/12/03/explosive-san-bernardino-similar-bombs-used-boston-marathon-expert-says/n4MLmwP0YVlAceodxvxlfN/story.html

Washington Post ->
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/12/03/fbi-takes-over-san-bernardino-investigation-as-authorities-seek-motive-for-attack-that-killed-14-people/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JezWeCan!
Do you seriously think it ISN'T true???

The woman was Pakistani. The man Muslim too...

Tell me how you know it was an Isis attack rather than say an Al Qaeda attack?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Daesh praised the attacks, but haven't claimed responsibility for them, something they've always done after an attack they've orchestrated have they not? If they orchestrated it, why have they not claimed responsibility for it?

http://www.vocativ.com/news/256909/isis-san-bernardino-mass-shooting-america-burning/

The attackers may very well have been Daesh sympathisers, but much like the Lee Rigby attack if I remember correctly, there seems to be no evidence for them having any coordination with Daesh itself at this point.
Original post by nulli tertius
Tell me how you know it was an Isis attack rather than say an Al Qaeda attack?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Second sight.

Which proved correct...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/us/tashfeen-malik-islamic-state.html?_r=0

Pretty nifty of me, huh?
Reply 25
Second sight.

Which proved correct...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/us/tashfeen-malik-islamic-state.html?_r=0

Pretty nifty of me, huh?

Bit it wasn't organised by isis themselves was it?

It was just someone who supported them.
Original post by Eggs20
Bit it wasn't organised by isis themselves was it?

It was just someone who supported them.

That is the Islamic State's model. They encourage terrorist "self starters" and aim to have an invincible army of followers sowing chaos and taking inspiration from them. They argue that you don't need a gun or a knife even. Muslims should use their cars to run infidels over, faute de mieux, (This has actually happened in France btw)

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-crash-idUSKBN0JZ0RU20141221

I am not sure what you are arguing exactly? This is clearly Islamic State terrorism, and the fact it wasn't coordinated (assuming your premise is correct I don't know if it is) makes it harder to stop and therefore more dangerous.

http://www.newsweek.com/september-11-lone-wolf-terrorist-terrorism-nypd-isis-isil-371216
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
Religion of Peace :rolleyes:

P.S. OP vid guy makes the same points I've made re: impossibility of 'vetting' + thinking twice about even female migrants. Anyone can be radicalised/murder

Oh god, we shouldn't constantly Be living in fear,some of these people genuinely need our help :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Sephiroth
I'm pretty sure Daesh would have claimed responsibility by now if they were behind the attack. They have been pretty quick to claim other attacks.

Daesh don't need to perform Paris style attacks in the US, Americans are too busy doing it themselves unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They could be independent to IS but claiming to act in their name?
Reply 29
Surprise, surprise. The longer it goes on the more we find links to Islamic State.
Who would have guessed? Amazing. Incredible. Unbelievable.

What is the problem in getting it here? Stupidity? Denial? A refusal to understand that the world is confronted by Islamic terrorism?

Let me give you a clue since you seem slow to grasp. When people go on a killing spree and they are Muslims, it WILL turn out to be terrorism.

Whatever the BBC tries to pretend...

Posted from TSR Mobile

This story as it stands is a grey area as there isnt much linking it to terrorism directly.

But i I definitely points that way
Original post by sw651
Posted from TSR Mobile

This story as it stands is a grey area as there isnt much linking it to terrorism directly.

But i I definitely points that way

No shi# sherlock!

They are now talking about links to IS terrorists in Birmingham. Check it out on the web.

And tell me in a week, when we know much more that I was wrong when I called this from the start.

You can't. You won't. It was Muslim terrorism. Deal with it..
Reply 32
No shi# sherlock!

They are now talking about links to IS terrorists in Birmingham. Check it out on the web.

And tell me in a week, when we know much more that I was wrong when I called this from the start.

You can't. You won't. It was Muslim terrorism. Deal with it..

There is no need for rudeness.

And what I meant was, there is no link to organised terrorism so to speak so we cannot assume they are IS or Al Qead, but terrorists, more than likely.

But I do agree here, the threat of terrorism in the UK is now much larger than before
Original post by sw651
There is no need for rudeness.

And what I meant was, there is no link to organised terrorism so to speak so we cannot assume they are IS or Al Qead, but terrorists, more than likely.

But I do agree here, the threat of terrorism in the UK is now much larger than before

What do you mean by "organised terrorism"?

There are specific atrocities commanded by the Islamic State Leadership, such as Paris.

Then there are attacks in which they provide the inspiration and they expect lone wolves to carry out the murders of kaffirs in their name.

Using whatever weapons come to hand. Knives, cars, or in this case machine guns and pipe bombs.

This is one of the latter sort.

Check out my earlier post it provides the links that explain this.

You may call me rude, but isn't it discourteous to offer an opinion when you haven't bothered to even research the subject?
Reply 34
What do you mean by "organised terrorism"?

There are specific atrocities commanded by the Islamic State Leadership, such as Paris.

Then there are attacks in which they provide the inspiration and they expect lone wolves to carry out the murders of kaffirs in their name.

Using whatever weapons come to hand. Knives, cars, or in this case machine guns and pipe bombs.

This is one of the latter sort.

Check out my earlier post it provides the links that explain this.

You may call me rude, but isn't it discourteous to offer an opinion when you haven't bothered to even research the subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Organised terrorism referring to groups that are funded, have numerous members and a solid FOB.

And that's what I said, they aren't IS members but they are acting in the name of IS.

And on the contrary, I did not swear, and no it is not, an opinion can be as substantiated as you like. And I do know quite a bit about this.
Original post by sw651
Posted from TSR Mobile

Organised terrorism referring to groups that are funded, have numerous members and a solid FOB.

And that's what I said, they aren't IS members but they are acting in the name of IS.

And on the contrary, I did not swear, and no it is not, an opinion can be as substantiated as you like. And I do know quite a bit about this.

When I read your earlier post that wasn't apparent. It seemed like you didn't understand that this was a lone wolf attack in the name of Islamic State.

If you realise that this is what it was, that is great.

And if you don't believe this yet, you soon will so it makes no difference.
Surprise, surprise. The longer it goes on the more we find links to Islamic State.

What is the problem in getting it here? Stupidity? Denial? A refusal to understand that the world is confronted by Islamic terrorism?

Let me give you a clue since you seem slow to grasp. When people go on a killing spree and they are Muslims, it WILL turn out to be terrorism.

Unfortunately we're on a forum that has rules against abusive language so I can't say what I want of you but suffice to say if you want anyone to give one solitary **** about your nonsensical opinions you should fix your attitude.

You're still utterly wrong, as well as presently just making irrelevant accusations - if you'd bothered to read before you spouted off you'd see I said you can't assume that muslim immediately equals IS terrorist. That very much remains the case - muslims are perfectly capable of just being lone idiots so your insistence that muslim attacker will equal terrorist is completely off base, and even if they are a terrorist, there are more islamist groups than just IS.

Well hello Mr Pot...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Was only a matter of time really. America has either done really well or been very lucky post 9/11 with Islamic domestic terror plots and the ease of access to weapons
Seems to me these two were people who went nuts and went on a rampage like we see sometimes in America. They just happen to be Islamic extremists.

Of course being an Islamist and going full retard go hand in hand but it seems way off base to say it's an ISIS attack or whatever
Reply 39

Lol shut up, you assumed they were IS folks only knowing they were Muslim. Since when is all Islamic terrorism directly related to ISIS anyway, you patronising peanut?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending