Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
ssmoose
Sminergy challenge?

*Smenergy

:p:
I think I've only done 20 of them... And I've only got a term left, like dobbs. Argh.

Erm, other things to add:

- Row, even if it's just summer rowing
- Take millions of pictures when it snows
- Go to Palace Green at night and appreciate how beautiful it is/spin round and round
- Go to as many other colleges' formals as you can
Reply 23
how about jumping off on of the birdges? if the water is deep enough, that is. someone should find out how deep it is and if youcould survive the fall :biggrin: would be awesome to do
Reply 24
simdam
how about jumping off on of the birdges? if the water is deep enough, that is. someone should find out how deep it is and if youcould survive the fall :biggrin: would be awesome to do

Someone suggested this the other day in a different thread - it's not possible off any of the bridges except the little footbridge by Hild Bede - and even then it's still quite shallow there!

Today I completed one - me and some friends had a picnic on Palace Green in the sun, and had a sunbathe, it was lovely :smile:

Keep them coming guys!!
I'd just like to say I created the Elm Tree challenge.:cool:

Also, to be my non modest self for once in a while...I've also won the Elm Tree three times.

:smile:
Reply 26
Elm Tree Challenge?
Reply 27
Ooh that reminds me - Dun Cow Challenge - 10 pints in 2 hours without vomming...:s-smilie:
Reply 28
Becca
Ooh that reminds me - Dun Cow Challenge - 10 pints in 2 hours without vomming...:s-smilie:

That's feasible, no?
Reply 29
I know a few people who've done it, but also many who have failed...
Reply 30
I'd love to try it!
Reply 31
A pint every 12 minutes for for 2 hours?

That can't be healthy...
Reply 32
Centurions are fairly easy and they're 7 pints ish over 1 hour 40... 10 pints in 2 hours can't be that much harder... particularly as you can pace yourself rather than drink on the whistle. Or maybe I'm underestimating it.
There's only two things I'd say, and that would be watch a cricket match in the scorching sun at the racecourse, and then have a kick about or frisbee or something on the pitch afterwards (everyone does it, it's class). Secondly just chill in Hild Bede's grounds, or any grassy area in the Summer, with everyone just lazing about on the lawns, frisbees flying, people playing heads and volleys, sunbathers, book readers, people on the tennis courts, just life. The good life. You'll never get the opportunity to do those sort of things again. In a few years you won't regret not having a brownie from the DSU or a burger from Hild Bede, or not going on a full bar crawl, but you will miss the time you had to just relax and savour the moments. Just be cool, have fun, and appreciate the time you have to relax with your friends and feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Reply 34
Christo
A pint every 12 minutes for for 2 hours?

That can't be healthy...

;no;
Reply 35
Has anyone actually swam in the river?
Reply 36
WokSz
Has anyone actually swam in the river?

I haven't personally but people in general certainly have - during the summer it gets decently warmish (though not "warm" lol) and you get lots of people swimming around in it.
I hate the spray-gun coke you get in the the college bars.

I'm not sure why, it's exactly the same as coke in a can or bottle (and don't try to tell me it's not; I worked on a bar with a guy who used to work as an engineer in a coke bottling plant - apparently the only difference is that the nozzle which squirts coke into a bottle has a different shape to the one that squirts it into a glass.)
Reply 38
dobbs
I haven't personally but people in general certainly have - during the summer it gets decently warmish (though not "warm" lol) and you get lots of people swimming around in it.

Are you allowed to do so?
Reply 39
WokSz
Are you allowed to do so?

Why wouldn't you be? :confused: ...it's just a small river!

Latest

Trending

Trending