Scroll to see replies

Original post by mxim7
NAME: Max
COURSE: English and Film and TV
CAMPUS: Clifton
WHICH ACCOMMODATION ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?: Booked Peverell, T117
WHICH SOCIETY WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN?: Rugby/Anything film related
ANY CLUBS/PUBS/RESTAURANTS THAT HAVE CAUGHT YOUR EYE IN NOTTS?: Stealth
ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK ELLEN?: What's the best way to find your flatmates?

Hi mxim7,

I think the best way to find flatmates will be through the official facebook groups, I'll link you to the Peverell one below:

Peverell Facebook Group

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
OURSE: business management with accountancy & finance (Confirmed Unconditional Offer)
CAMPUS: city
WHICH ACCOMMODATION ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?: byron and gill street but i need more information to choose an accomodtion
WHICH SOCIETY WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN?: have no information regarding these
ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK ELLEN?: what would the best accommodation site be for first years ? and just any tips you could give to new uni starter
Original post by Israr_iy
OURSE: business management with accountancy & finance (Confirmed Unconditional Offer)
CAMPUS: city
WHICH ACCOMMODATION ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?: byron and gill street but i need more information to choose an accomodtion
WHICH SOCIETY WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN?: have no information regarding these
ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK ELLEN?: what would the best accommodation site be for first years ? and just any tips you could give to new uni starter

Hi Israr,

I believe the majority of the accommodation on the city site has gone now, including Byron/Gill Street (I may be wrong but it might be worth a check!). However I will say that I don't believe any of our accommodation is 'better' than others for student experience. It all depends on what you are looking for!

I lived in Hampden in first year, and that was my first choice. I wanted a flat that was close by, not too expensive, and had a 'homely' feel to it. Which I personally thought Hampden was the right choice for that. If you want a more modern and new flat, and don't mind paying a bit extra, then Byron and Gill Street South might be the right place for you. If you don't mind a commute, and want more of a community feel, then Simpsons and Norton Court may be more for you. We have a number of different flats for different requirements, but I really do think that student experience is nearly identical in all of them!

My 3 main tips for students starting uni are:

1. Don't be scared to introduce yourself to people - You have to remember that most freshers are in the same situation as you (new to the area, moving out for the first time, looking for new friends), so you won't look weird if you go up to someone and say hello, especially with your new flatmates! Everyone will really want to make new friends!

2. Get involved - There are loads of events/experiences for you to get involved in, and they are a great way to make new friends and stop you feeling homesick! We also have around 80 societies that you could join, so I recommend going around the freshers fair and see if any catch your interest, as joining a society will open you up to new people/different events/ and will get you involved in lots of new things!

3. Have fun! - At the end of the day, your first year is all about making friends, getting used to university life and getting involved in social activities. So please try and have fun with it! In second/third year your uni work will increase, so first year is the perfect to get involved, try new things and enjoy yourself!

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Gliz555
Name: Georgina
Course: LLB Law (conditional offer)
Campus: City
Accomodation: undecided
Societies: undecided, I need to look into the different societies.

Does anyone else have offers for this year?

Thanks,

Georgie.

I have an conditional offer for Law as well
Hi Ellen!

I was interested in booking a place at Sandby Halls, however I saw yesterday that it is not available, only The Maltings and Meridian Court (which are too far from the city site and have shared bathroom facilities :s). Is there any way of getting a place at Sandby Halls if there are students that quit or that have conditional offers and do not get in?

Thanks!
Original post by Inesramosmelo
Hi Ellen!

I was interested in booking a place at Sandby Halls, however I saw yesterday that it is not available, only The Maltings and Meridian Court (which are too far from the city site and have shared bathroom facilities :s). Is there any way of getting a place at Sandby Halls if there are students that quit or that have conditional offers and do not get in?

Thanks!

Hi Inesramosmelo,

I'm afraid we don't have a waiting list for any of our student halls. You could wait and see if any Sandby rooms come up, but personally I believe this is very risky as there is no guarantee any rooms will become available. Rooms have recently been released in Hampden, Simpsons and Norton Court, however not in Sandby I'm afraid.

You are guaranteed an offer for University-allocated accommodation as long as you book and pay your booking fee by 31 July 2016, after this date there is no guarantee.

You could wait until A-level results day to book your accommodation, however again there is a huge risk as there is even less choice than now. Once you have booked your accommodation, we can't take any bookings/swaps from students due to the level of enquiries we get on the day. So only students without accommodation can book on results day.

I hope this helps and let my know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi I have seen that you have said that there have been rooms released in Hampden, Simpsons and Norton Court. I was wondering how to book one of these rooms as I have only just received my NTU ID due to having to go to interviews.
Can you let me know how to find the newly released rooms either online or through the booking office?
Thank you
Katie
Original post by katiesallen
Hi I have seen that you have said that there have been rooms released in Hampden, Simpsons and Norton Court. I was wondering how to book one of these rooms as I have only just received my NTU ID due to having to go to interviews.
Can you let me know how to find the newly released rooms either online or through the booking office?
Thank you
Katie

Hi Katie,

I think in your case it would be better to contact the Accommodation team directly, and they will be able to tell you which rooms are available to you. I'll leave you their telephone number down below:

+44 (0) 115 848 2894

Let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 68
Hi, on the 16th April Offer Holders Open Day - will the number 4 bus be running (from near the Cornerhouse) like on the standard open days. Or is the number 1 (near the market square trams) the only bus to get to Clifton Campus on that day. (I live in Nottingham, it's not about saving money as I have to buy a £3.50 day ticket to get to the city - but I live in north Nottingham, so the number 4 is easier).

Thank-you for your time
Reply 69
NAME: John
COURSE: Economics with International Finance & Banking (Unconditional) and Business Management and Economics
CAMPUS: City
WHICH ACCOMMODATION ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?: Byron, Gill Street N/S,
WHICH SOCIETY WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN?: Football, film society, mma/martial arts/TKD?
ANY CLUBS/PUBS/RESTAURANTS THAT HAVE CAUGHT YOUR EYE IN NOTTS?: Stealth and Ink are really good. Forum is okayyyy
ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK ELLEN?: Where can I go to ask students studying these two courses some questions? I'm unsure of which I'd like to do :smile:
Original post by NatB28
Hi, on the 16th April Offer Holders Open Day - will the number 4 bus be running (from near the Cornerhouse) like on the standard open days. Or is the number 1 (near the market square trams) the only bus to get to Clifton Campus on that day. (I live in Nottingham, it's not about saving money as I have to buy a £3.50 day ticket to get to the city - but I live in north Nottingham, so the number 4 is easier).

Thank-you for your time

Hi NatB28,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away for the Easter break.

The number 4 bus will be running for the 16th April Offer Holders Open Day. I believe it's free during the Open Day aswell :h:

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by SP0TIFY
NAME: John
COURSE: Economics with International Finance & Banking (Unconditional) and Business Management and Economics
CAMPUS: City
WHICH ACCOMMODATION ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?: Byron, Gill Street N/S,
WHICH SOCIETY WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN?: Football, film society, mma/martial arts/TKD?
ANY CLUBS/PUBS/RESTAURANTS THAT HAVE CAUGHT YOUR EYE IN NOTTS?: Stealth and Ink are really good. Forum is okayyyy
ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK ELLEN?: Where can I go to ask students studying these two courses some questions? I'm unsure of which I'd like to do :smile:

Hi John,

I'm afraid there is no specific place online that you can go to ask students about these two courses. There is a 'mini' Nottingham Business School Open Day taking place on Wednesday 20 April 2016, where there may be students studying both courses that you can chat to. I'll link you below to more information about our Offer Holder Open Days:

Offer Holder Open Days

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi,

I have a condition offer for Education Studies and Sports Education based at Clifton Campus and wondered if there are any rooms left at New Hall?
Original post by Ebony May
Hi,

I have a condition offer for Education Studies and Sports Education based at Clifton Campus and wondered if there are any rooms left at New Hall?

Hi Ebony May,

Unfortunately, I don't know what the availability is like for any of our halls at the moment. I would recommend going into the booking system, and seeing if any rooms are showing up for you in New Hall. If not, there is a chance that none are available.

Alternatively, you can give our accommodation team a ring at: +44 (0) 115 848 2894 and they will be able to tell you! :h:

If you have any more questions, just let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by NatB28

Thank-you for your time

Hi NatB28,

Unfortunately I have just found out that the Number 4 bus is not running on Saturday. So you will have to catch the number 1. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause!

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 75
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi John,

I'm afraid there is no specific place online that you can go to ask students about these two courses. There is a 'mini' Nottingham Business School Open Day taking place on Wednesday 20 April 2016, where there may be students studying both courses that you can chat to. I'll link you below to more information about our Offer Holder Open Days:

Offer Holder Open Days

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

No worries, ended up accepting my offer for Economics with Int'l Banking & Finance! :smile:

Just booked my accommodation at Gill Street North too. Though, I have a question. I've chosen my room and paid the £200 deposit, but I'm not sure where I have to accept the terms and conditions? I can't find it in the email I received or anywhere...
Original post by SP0TIFY
No worries, ended up accepting my offer for Economics with Int'l Banking & Finance! :smile:

Just booked my accommodation at Gill Street North too. Though, I have a question. I've chosen my room and paid the £200 deposit, but I'm not sure where I have to accept the terms and conditions? I can't find it in the email I received or anywhere...

Hi John,

As you have an unconditional offer you can accept the terms and conditions by logging on and clicking 'complete booking' on the right hand side.

Let me know if you have any more trouble! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Received an unconditional offer! :smile:

NAME: Rem
COURSE: Mathematics
WHICH ACCOMMODATION ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?: I've started having a look around on the website and through YouTube but not quite sure yet.
WHICH SOCIETY WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN?: Football or sports related ones.
ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK ELLEN?:

I have a few burning questions actually..
So I'm a second year student here studying Mathematics, looking to transfer to either Leicester or Nottingham Trent - I've got an unconditional offer for both.

After a lot of research and whatnot I still can't decide which one to go with; both really close in terms of what I want and what suits me.
However, I haven't actually spoken to anyone from either universities nor gotten any sort of personal input from students or reps, so I'd like to hear from your perspective and opinion.

I want to know particularly about:
1. Your experience and opinion about the university itself
2. What is the city like - I've heard both good and bad things, from it being a crime-ridden city to one of the best looking and vibrant places in the UK. How correct would those statements be and which one is more true?
3. Ethnic diversity - are there a mix of ethnicities among students, i.e, mostly whites/blacks/asians or is there a good mixture of all races and backgrounds.
4. Quality of nightlife
5. I'm studying Mathematics so I'll be studying at Clifton Campus and I'm a bit unsure on this issue the most - Clifton Campus is quite a long way away from the main one, so does that mean I'll have to get accommodation around Clifton Campus? Or can I stay at the main Campus and get a bus to Clifton Campus to get to my lectures there? Which brings me to another question - does NTU provide free transport to and from both campuses?
How does it generally work with students who have their courses taught at Clifton campus?

If you could give each of them a rating out of 10.. well questions 1,2 and 4 really :biggrin:, that'd be awesome Ellen :smile:
Original post by Hilltop221
Received an unconditional offer! :smile:

NAME: Rem
COURSE: Mathematics
WHICH ACCOMMODATION ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?: I've started having a look around on the website and through YouTube but not quite sure yet.
WHICH SOCIETY WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN?: Football or sports related ones.
ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK ELLEN?:

I have a few burning questions actually..
So I'm a second year student here studying Mathematics, looking to transfer to either Leicester or Nottingham Trent - I've got an unconditional offer for both.

After a lot of research and whatnot I still can't decide which one to go with; both really close in terms of what I want and what suits me.
However, I haven't actually spoken to anyone from either universities nor gotten any sort of personal input from students or reps, so I'd like to hear from your perspective and opinion.

I want to know particularly about:
2. What is the city like - I've heard both good and bad things, from it being a crime-ridden city to one of the best looking and vibrant places in the UK. How correct would those statements be and which one is more true?
3. Ethnic diversity - are there a mix of ethnicities among students, i.e, mostly whites/blacks/asians or is there a good mixture of all races and backgrounds.
4. Quality of nightlife
5. I'm studying Mathematics so I'll be studying at Clifton Campus and I'm a bit unsure on this issue the most - Clifton Campus is quite a long way away from the main one, so does that mean I'll have to get accommodation around Clifton Campus? Or can I stay at the main Campus and get a bus to Clifton Campus to get to my lectures there? Which brings me to another question - does NTU provide free transport to and from both campuses?
How does it generally work with students who have their courses taught at Clifton campus?

If you could give each of them a rating out of 10.. well questions 1,2 and 4 really :biggrin:, that'd be awesome Ellen :smile:

Hi Rem,

Congratulations on your unconditional offers! :h:

Not a problem, I've answered your questions below:

Spoiler

Spoiler

3.Ethnic diversity - are there a mix of ethnicities among students, i.e, mostly whites/blacks/asians or is there a good mixture of all races and backgrounds.

Spoiler

4.Quality of nightlife

Spoiler

5.I'm studying Mathematics so I'll be studying at Clifton Campus and I'm a bit unsure on this issue the most - Clifton Campus is quite a long way away from the main one, so does that mean I'll have to get accommodation around Clifton Campus? Or can I stay at the main Campus and get a bus to Clifton Campus to get to my lectures there? Which brings me to another question - does NTU provide free transport to and from both campuses?How does it generally work with students who have their courses taught at Clifton campus?

Spoiler

I hope I have answered all of you questions, but if you have any more or would like anything clarifying just let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Rem,

Congratulations on your unconditional offers! :h:

Not a problem, I've answered your questions below:

Spoiler

Spoiler

3.Ethnic diversity - are there a mix of ethnicities among students, i.e, mostly whites/blacks/asians or is there a good mixture of all races and backgrounds.

Spoiler

4.Quality of nightlife

Spoiler

5.I'm studying Mathematics so I'll be studying at Clifton Campus and I'm a bit unsure on this issue the most - Clifton Campus is quite a long way away from the main one, so does that mean I'll have to get accommodation around Clifton Campus? Or can I stay at the main Campus and get a bus to Clifton Campus to get to my lectures there? Which brings me to another question - does NTU provide free transport to and from both campuses?How does it generally work with students who have their courses taught at Clifton campus?

Spoiler

I hope I have answered all of you questions, but if you have any more or would like anything clarifying just let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

Thanks for the response Ellen, much appreciated :smile:

So okay reading your answer, three more questions have popped up in my head:

1. Activating my student ID as a bus pass for unlimited use - what do you mean by that, unlimited for how long exactly; a week/a semester/year-long?

2. As the travel costs £2.50 per day to and from the campuses, I was wondering is there any sort of 'all year pass' or something like that which covers the travel costs for the whole academic year. If so, where can I get it from and how much would it cost?

3. If I got accommodation on Clifton Campus and stayed there, would I need to travel to the main campus frequently for anything other than societies/meetings? I mean is it normal for students to stay put at Clifton or does the university generally require students to come over the to main campus?

Ideally I'd want to stay put in one place rather than having to travel back and forth between two places but also I'm a little worried that if I stay over at the Clifton campus I'd be missing out on the 'Nottingham city experience' that a lot of students have talked about and enjoyed as part of their university experience.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending