The Student Room Group

Received items I hadn't paid for.

I ordered some groceries from asda yesterday evening and paid for them using my debit card around 11pm last nigjt. I booked a slot between 12-2 today but the food actually came at 11 am as the delivery driver was in the area so delivered early.

I had presumed there was no problem with the order as I got a payment confirmation email.
However just now I got an email saying my order has been cancelled as the payment was declined. I have some savings which I could have transferred had I known the payment would be declined.

But I already have the food and have used some of it now!
I hope the delivery guy won't get in trouble now.

Anyone know what is likely to happen? The food came to £26.
Original post by Cressandra
I ordered some groceries from asda yesterday evening and paid for them using my debit card around 11pm last nigjt. I booked a slot between 12-2 today but the food actually came at 11 am as the delivery driver was in the area so delivered early.

I had presumed there was no problem with the order as I got a payment confirmation email.
However just now I got an email saying my order has been cancelled as the payment was declined. I have some savings which I could have transferred had I known the payment would be declined.

But I already have the food and have used some of it now!
I hope the delivery guy won't get in trouble now.

Anyone know what is likely to happen? The food came to £26.

The important thing is that you pay for what you got, and it'll be like nothing went wrong, hopefully.
it's the company's fault and why would they spend money dragging their name through mud in the middle of the comparison wars for the sake of £26
Reply 3
Their stock control & delivery system will know the delivery was made and they will shortly ask you to provide alternative payment.

Assuming you can do that there won't be a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending