The Student Room Group

going home early

hey is anyone going home early for christmas? i have a football match on the 12th, finish uni on the 17th, but just gonna stay at home. the reason is because the 12th and 13th are weekend, i have 1 lecture on monday, 2 on tuesday, nothing on wednesday or friday, and just 1 hour thursday. all the assessments will have been released by that time which we need to complete over the holidays, only 1 of the lectures is compulsory, and all the slides are posted to the learning environment, in addition to recorded lectures.

so, is anyone else in a similar position?
Original post by neal95
hey is anyone going home early for christmas? i have a football match on the 12th, finish uni on the 17th, but just gonna stay at home. the reason is because the 12th and 13th are weekend, i have 1 lecture on monday, 2 on tuesday, nothing on wednesday or friday, and just 1 hour thursday. all the assessments will have been released by that time which we need to complete over the holidays, only 1 of the lectures is compulsory, and all the slides are posted to the learning environment, in addition to recorded lectures.

Nope, my term officially finishes on the 18th but I have an exam on the 17th which I can't miss. I absolutely despise my hometown too, so I'm going to stay in my uni town for as long as possible
Original post by neal95

Nope. I also finish on the 17th and I'm currently on my way home for the weekend, but I have stuff to do at uni during the week so I've got to go back 😔
Original post by super_kawaii
Nope, my term officially finishes on the 18th but I have an exam on the 17th which I can't miss. I absolutely despise my hometown too, so I'm going to stay in my uni town for as long as possible

Original post by cherryred90s
Nope. I also finish on the 17th and I'm currently on my way home for the weekend, but I have stuff to do at uni during the week so I've got to go back 😔

ahh right, that seems fair enough i guess! thankfully i will have access to electronic resources via starplus and MOLE in addition to some library books which i will be borrowing. Also, i enjoy my hometown but i find sheffield is miles better, despite not going out to much. the IC is my favourite haunting ground lol
Original post by neal95
ahh right, that seems fair enough i guess! thankfully i will have access to electronic resources via starplus and MOLE in addition to some library books which i will be borrowing. Also, i enjoy my hometown but i find sheffield is miles better, despite not going out to much. the IC is my favourite haunting ground lol

Yeah, I'm at Sheffield too and I love it so much. I'm planning on staying here after graduate. It's either here or abroad for me. People are actually nice here and things are actually affordable! It's a dream come true!
Original post by super_kawaii
Yeah, I'm at Sheffield too and I love it so much. I'm planning on staying here after graduate. It's either here or abroad for me. People are actually nice here and things are actually affordable! It's a dream come true!

its a great uni and city, and i would be happy to stay on here as its not far from home either and less than 2 hours on the train to london, but ideally i would like to train as a lawyer and work in london. can definitely see the appeal of staying on in sheffield though, the supertrams are awesome and really useful!
Original post by neal95
its a great uni and city, and i would be happy to stay on here as its not far from home either and less than 2 hours on the train to london, but ideally i would like to train as a lawyer and work in london. can definitely see the appeal of staying on in sheffield though, the supertrams are awesome and really useful!

London's the last place I'd ever want to live. Far too cramped, polluted and overpriced. My hometown's not too far from London so I've been quite a lot, and would absolutely hate to live there, or anywhere in the south even. I've lived abroad as part of my degree and can easily see myself moving abroad. So much more interesting than anywhere here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending