The Student Room Group

Kingston University admission test

Hi guys,

I sent my UCAS off and I got two replies LBSU and Kingston. I passed the LBSU tests and now got the interview left. However I am actually scared of the Kingston University test which is in a week:frown::s-smilie:

Has anyone done the Kingston test for literacy and numeracy and if so what kind of questions are there??
(edited 8 years ago)
I had my tests and interview there last week and got an offer this morning. I'd suggest going through this practice paper: http://www.healthcare.ac.uk/courses/nursing/interview-and-selection-day-nursing-registered-nurse/

and make sure you can do all of these questions. If you know how to work these out you'll know how to work out anything they throw at you in the test
Reply 2
Original post by Bioscientist_
I had my tests and interview there last week and got an offer this morning. I'd suggest going through this practice paper: http://www.healthcare.ac.uk/courses/nursing/interview-and-selection-day-nursing-registered-nurse/

and make sure you can do all of these questions. If you know how to work these out you'll know how to work out anything they throw at you in the test

Thank you for the link!!! If you don't mind me asking how was the test and what offer did you get?Did you do the essay I am quite scare of it.?
(edited 8 years ago)
I have got mine today and I'm scared haha! I don't know what to expect in the essay??
Original post by stargirl225
Thank you for the link!!! If you don't mind me asking how was the test and what offer did you get?Did you do the essay I am quite scare of it.?

I didn't find the tests too bad if I'm honest, but then again I did a science degree so it was just a case of refreshing my memory of certain things I hadn't done in a while. It hasn't updated on track yet but that can take up to a week the admissions office told me on the phone (they made the offer via phonecall). I'm hoping it's an unconditional as I've already got my degree results and I'm applying for the postgrad course.

Yeah, although the PGDip had a different essay to the BSc candidates. From the sounds of talking to them afterwards ours was a fair bit harder! I think if you can speak about why you want to do whichever branch of nursing it is, and you know about the 6 C's then you have more than a strong chance. Just remember the essay is more about whether or not you can communicate with people.

Original post by Jemmatitley
I have got mine today and I'm scared haha! I don't know what to expect in the essay??

How did you find it? Sorry I didn't see this I've been asleep all day, I'm in the middle of night shifts.
hello
any help for literacy test ?
was there essay ? and on general topics or healthcare topic?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending