The Student Room Group

Is It bad if I miss prom?

So basically there's a chance I could miss prom and was wondering how big a deal is it if I miss out. I just don't want to miss out on soemthing good! By the way this is a year 11 prom
Cheers !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is there even going to be booze there?
Original post by Hazzer65
So basically there's a chance I could miss prom and was wondering how big a deal is it if I miss out. I just don't want to miss out on soemthing good! By the way this is a year 11 prom
Cheers !

stay home, do maths
Cheers !

i guess year 11 prom isnt worth it lol but year 13 prom is one you better not miss :biggrin:
Cheers !

depends. My year 11 prom wasn't that special, it was quite boring at times to be honest but at the same time it was nice to have a little get together as we all knew it was the last time we'd all be together.
never even had a yr11 prom :colondollar:
planning on missing the yr12 one tho :smile:
I chose not to go to my prom, and I personally don't feel like I missed out on anything. I think it's only as big of a deal as you make it :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by CoolCavy
never even had a yr11 prom :colondollar:
planning on missing the yr12 one tho :smile:

May I take you to the prom? :rose:
Original post by Davalla
May I take you to the prom? :rose:

:colondollar: well noone else is gonna ask so...
yeah why not :h:
I did not turn up to mine. I do not regret this. By all accounts it was boring.
Reply 10
Cheers !

Depends on the type of people that would attend. I liked my prom, but I honestly wished I didn't go and I'm not going to my yr13 one.
I skipped mine, knew I wouldn't remember it within a year and it really isn't a big deal :tongue:
Reply 12
Depends on whether you like the people or not. My school's year 11 prom was quite good as I practically knew everyone there(small school) so we had a chance to share some good memories. I currently go to a school that is 10 times bigger where I know very few people. Not sure If i'll go for our final year prom :/
Never went to prom. According to everyone else, I didn't miss much.
I skipped prom in year 11 - and in no way do I regret it! If prom (or rowdy parties with alcohol bc at my school that is what any party ends up being) isn't your scene, then literally hardly anyone will notice you didn't go; especially if you have a large year. My sixth form has a winter ball coming up week after, too, and like the most splendiferous @CoolCavy I'm not planning to go!
Original post by roarchika
I skipped prom in year 11 - and in no way do I regret it! If prom (or rowdy parties with alcohol bc at my school that is what any party ends up being) isn't your scene, then literally hardly anyone will notice you didn't go; especially if you have a large year. My sixth form has a winter ball coming up week after, too, and like the most splendiferous @CoolCavy I'm not planning to go!

:five:
awww i can't believe i'm 'splendiferous' :cry2::lovie2::lovie::loveduck::love::lovehug:
Reply 16
Year 11 prom was fun, but not as fun as Year 13 (woo - alcohol)
Original post by CoolCavy
:five:
awww i can't believe i'm 'splendiferous' :cry2::lovie2::lovie::loveduck::love::lovehug:

Hey, anyone who regularly lightens up the often doomful and angsting Year 12 thread deserves the highest of adjectives :wink:
I'm at quite a large school and not being cocky but am relatively popular. I'm mates with the majority of my year and there will be an after party with booze! So just wondered if any of you have been in my situation and actually went to it or missed it.
I went to my Year 11 prom and enjoyed it, however, I was drunk from start to finish. If I wasn't drunk, the actual prom might not have been so great. It is a lovely experience though, all of it, and I'd definitely recommend you go if you can.

The after party was absolutely amazing (from what I remember of it :colondollar:), a girl in my year had hired this marquee tent in her back garden with drinks etc (everyone put money toward it). If I could do it again, I'd do exactly the same thing as it was a great night.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending