The Student Room Group

How do gay people harm us?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iamthetruth
I have heard 2% to be the average but anyway are you saying it's ok to tech 6 year old children about anal penetration? The sex education I learned as a teenager was about reproduction not anal. If you agree with that then I got nothing to say to you.

I was pointing out that it should be addressed in the content of sex education, not that it should be taught to 6 year old children - again, the subject at hand isn't the age we should be teaching people about sex, however.

Are you going to address the issue of supporting the claims you're making?

Original post by ComputerMaths97
Normal as in most common? No? Do people not use the word normal?

In the context, it sounds a tad offensive :tongue:
You are literally saying that the only reason for people to dislike unnatural things such as gay affairs is people being ignorant.

Strangely ironic.

Failing to see any kind of logic here at all - it is ignorant to outright say that homosexuality is a bad thing and harmful to people, and simply stating that this is an ignorant viewpoint does not somehow lead to irony.

You are trying to suggest I am being ignorant by not accepting that some people can have a justifiable dislike towards homosexuality - and that is because there is not such a thing as a 'justifiable hatred of homosexuality', because it cannot be justified.

But yes I totally understand your very non existent point.
Original post by shadowdweller
I was pointing out that it should be addressed in the content of sex education, not that it should be taught to 6 year old children - again, the subject at hand isn't the age we should be teaching people about sex, however.

In the context, it sounds a tad offensive :tongue:

I have mentioned children from the start now you are sidestepping the reality is it's not reproduction we don't need to teach homosexuality in schools. Why don't you support your claims because you are promoting that we should teach homosexuality as part of sex education.
I have mentioned children from the start now you are sidestepping the reality is it's not reproduction we don't need to teach homosexuality in schools. Why don't you support your claims because you are promoting that we should teach homosexuality as part of sex education.

Of course we need to teach about it. You realise teaching children/teenagers safe sex earlier - and yes, that includes sex for homosexual couple too - would lower the spread of HIV and STIs, right?
Because the gays made Katy Perry happen.
You are literally saying that the only reason for people to dislike unnatural things such as gay affairs is people being ignorant.

Strangely ironic.

The fact you called 'gay affairs' 'unnatural' showed your ignorance.

Sure, something that exists throughout history and cultures, across the animal kingdom is 'unnatural' whilst the idea that a male and a female should mate exclusively with a contract that involves a larger organisation is not.
They want everyone accepting homosexuality from a young age that's why they teach it to them.

And that is a problem because?

I have even heard that they teach young children about anal sex.

Typical homophobic propaganda.

Single mothers are a disadvantaged group you go to any prison most of the inmates grew up without two parents in the home we need that balance of a mother and father raising children that is the best way.

All research so far have shown that children develop better, or at least are at no disadvantage, under same-sex parents but I suppose your personal opinion which is a clear reflection of prejudice overrules empirical knowledge.
Don't you just love it when people get angry and call you bigoted for calling them out on their own bigotry :toofunny:
Of course we need to teach about it. You realise teaching children/teenagers safe sex earlier - and yes, that includes sex for homosexual couple too - would lower the spread of HIV and STIs, right?

Why do heterosexuals need to be taught about homosexuality? Why can't they do a class for homosexuals? It's not relevant to me at all.
Reply 89
Ya all just need to chill the **** out
No one is. People who believe certain people are against homosexuals are those who can't tolerant different opinions other than their own. I may not agree how some people live their lives , but does that count that person as my "enemy"? No. If you're for homosexuality you have to respect those against it. I'm not saying respect those who want to harm gays but understand people will disagree with you. I notice lately if anyone questions homosexuality or even have a ounce of dislike he or she gets verbally attacked or called names. Can't demand "tolerance" while practicing "intolerance" can you?

Teaching gay sex education has got to be one of the worst ideas I can think of.

Why do heterosexuals need to be taught about homosexuality? Why can't they do a class for homosexuals? It's not relevant to me at all.

This is exactly the point. Teach everyone about normal safe sex. Then if the gays want more information, they can have a class for that.

No no no. No. Why would a straight person need to know about gay sex? Gay sex ed classes for people that want it.

Why do homosexuals need to be taught about heterosexuality? It's not relevant to them at all.

(Side note, however, it's not just homosexuals that have anal sex. Indeed, few acts are exclusive to one sexuality or the other)

Teaching gay sex education has got to be one of the worst ideas I can think of.

Why? It would reduce spread of HIV, teach people to be more safe etc etc. What exactly are the negatives to it?
Why do homosexuals need to be taught about heterosexuality? It's not relevant to them at all.

(Side note, however, it's not just homosexuals that have anal sex. Indeed, few acts are exclusive to one sexuality or the other)

Why? It would reduce spread of HIV, teach people to be more safe etc etc. What exactly are the negatives to it?

You do know you are trying to teach monkeys to become investment bankers, right?

Let's say schools started including gay sex ed. Would it be mandatory or an elective? Sex ed teachers already warn students that they can still get hiv or aids with condoms on. That applies to everyone.
Original post by Macy1998
Let's say schools started including gay sex ed. Would it be mandatory or an elective? Sex ed teachers already warn students that they can still get hiv or aids with condoms on. That applies to everyone.

I don't see why it needs to fall outside of the standard, given not much of it would be exclusive to gay people.
I don't see why it needs to fall outside of the standard, given not much of it would be exclusive to gay people.

People are aware hiv and aids can be transmitted to them. They just don't care UNTIL they get it. They know the precautions but chose not to do it. It would be a weird to be straight and then forced to be educated on hiv/aids strictly to gay people to graduate..
Reply 97
Original post by Lady Comstock
Most people are only against those things that harm themselves or others. We are against murder because it ends people's lives, we are against rape because of the violation and psychological consequences, etc.

So why are people against gay people/homosexuality if they don't do them or others any harm?

I believe the term is "fear of the unknown"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. It is unnecessary to teach straights about gays and vice versa. All there is to know is gays like same sex and straights like opposite sex. Does anyone need a class on that?
Original post by Macy1998
People are aware hiv and aids can be transmitted to them. They just don't care UNTIL they get it. They know the precautions but chose not to do it. It would be a weird to be straight and then forced to be educated on hiv/aids strictly to gay people to graduate..

As I said in the quoted post, little, if any, would be purely exclusive to gay people anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending