The Student Room Group

What is the Syrian president doing ?

I'm really new to all this politics stuff #N00B. So don't laugh :smile:

Like UK bombed Syria etc and so has US to kill ISIS but what is the president of Syria doing about it ? is he even fighting ISIS ? what is he doing about the innocent civilians ? like we never hear about him why ?

Scroll to see replies

Yes indeed we never hear about him much like the other important facts the media AND the government like to believe aren't relevant. It's strangely funny how we, like puppets, just feed what we're told. :colonhash:
Didn't answer your question but rant over
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Yes indeed we never hear about him much like the other important facts the media AND the government like to believe aren't relevant. It's strangely funny how we, like puppets, just feed what we're told. :colonhash:

It feels like Syria is just an empty field with no leader/owner. Countries are fighting for it and killing sheep as an excuse to go there :smile: lol
Reply 3
Original post by PrincessZara

Like UK bombed Syria etc and so has US to kill ISIS but what is the president of Syria doing about it ? is he even fighting ISIS ? what is he doing about the innocent civilians ? like we never hear about him why ?

The Syrian president is a bloody dictator whose sole interest is to remain in power - at all cost. He's strongly backed by Russia so we can't do anything.
There is a kind of mutual agreement between Assad and ISIS not to go on each other's territory so they can both stay in power for the moment.

The president doesn't have a strong loyal army. It is a civil war with many rebel groups, not just ISIS, and the winner gets Syria.
(edited 8 years ago)
It feels like Syria is just an empty field with no leader/owner. Countries are fighting for it and killing sheep as an excuse to go there :smile: lol

I understand you're new to this but please don't lol, so disrespectful.
The only reason countries such as Britain have gained so much power is because they invaded the Middle East and disrupted everything. Yes ISIS have caused a mass amount of destruction but other countries are just loading down on Syria like there's no tomorrow
I understand you're new to this but please don't lol, so disrespectful.
The only reason countries such as Britain have gained so much power is because they invaded the Middle East and disrupted everything. Yes ISIS have caused a mass amount of destruction but other countries are just loading down on Syria like there's no tomorrow

Sorry :O didn't realize it sounded bad and yh true

The president is worse than ISIS. He's killed something like 7 times more people than ISIS.

death toll range from at least 281 people to 1,729. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

so many deaths and no one even cares cause their syrian :frown: If that was in a place like France the whole world will lose their minds
I really don't know what the UK is doing because I'm not there neither president Assad we only get the news from what they tell us whether we can trust it or not is another issue.
Reply 11

Well, here is the thing President Assad is a scum bag, but he is busy dealing wiht the syrian rebels rather than focusing on ISIS right now, so he could not care less about the civilians
Reply 12

The only reason countries such as Britain have gained so much power is because they invaded the Middle East and disrupted everything.

If Britain had the power to invade the Middle East, she was certainly powerful before that.

And if Britain had gained that much power thanks to this invasion, she wouldn't have lost the Middle East thereafter.
death toll range from at least 281 people to 1,729. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

so many deaths and no one even cares cause their syrian :frown: If that was in a place like France the whole world will lose their minds

It was a pretty big deal when it happened. And rightfully so, Assad used sarin gas, on civilians, ****ing children. This alone is part of the reason why I do not support working with him (disagree with Russia).
Here's a quote of the effects of sarin to anyone that is curious.

Spoiler

Reply 14

Really? Because the BBC regularly shows clips from interviews with Assad, showing viewers they can go and hear his side of things if they like.

They even sat down and interviewed him themselves.
Original post by Josb
If Britain had the power to invade the Middle East, she was certainly powerful before that.

And if Britain had gained that much power thanks to this invasion, she wouldn't have lost the Middle East thereafter.

Clarify who 'she' is
Original post by Aj12
Really? Because the BBC regularly shows clips from interviews with Assad, showing viewers they can go and hear his side of things if they like.

They even sat down and interviewed him themselves.

the BBC is the most biased newspaper going, the media NEVER shows the real truth and if you think otherwise just question your trust in society because there are monsters out there you know so unsurprisingly the truth is almost impossible to find for us
Reply 17
Clarify who 'she' is

Britain.

The current Syrian president - Bashar Al-Assad - is the single cause for everything happening in Syria right now. He's a dictator that, back in 2011/2012, violently put down some protests that were part of the Arab Spring and wanted him to step down, and in doing so plunged his country into civil war all because he wasn't ready to let go of the reins yet. His militia have been committing sickening acts of terror on the Syrian people since, arguably far worse than anything ISIS has done. I forget the death toll, but it's tons, tons more than ISIS have killed. It was big enough that some UN organisation called it the biggest humanitarian crisis since the Holocaust. Funnily enough, that wasn't enough to inspire intervention from the police states of the world - probably because, up till that point and almost definitely still, they've had very cosy relations with Assad. In reaction, numerous jihadi groups subsequently arose out of the ranks of the ordinary citizens to rebel against the regime, including ISIS and the FSA. ISIS are clearly ****ed up in their own special way, but it's important to remember they're not even half the level of ****ed up Assad was and is - they just went the extra mile and decided to establish their own state while they're in the process of getting their country back. Needless to say, the whole palava about intervention to stop ISIS in recent months makes me sick to my stomach, from the same states whose only response to Assad in the last four years have been lip service.
(edited 8 years ago)
He gives interviews and murdering the people of Syria and his wife,asma continues shopping online for expensive fur Coates. I mostly hear about him on aljazeera(Arabic version) I've realised its not the case when I watch western news channels most of the time,he's on RT at times giving interviews
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending