The Student Room Group

I haven't had a great career, in fact, its a non - career

When I was at school, I wanted to do a pharmacy degree, so I did GSVQ Level III iin Science. I got rejected for my pharmacy applications, as well as an HND in Chemistry and Biology in my local uni (former poly).

Now, my degree is drug related and I have applied for many jobs in the pharmacy and I get the impression they are a little scared of me as I am comfortable with drugs etc as I am a biological chemistry. I get back to the local poly uni and finally get my BSc in Applied Chemistry, only to have my course shut down when I am due to do my honours year. I end up doing a MSc with the Open University, only to be told I need to do my honours, which I am doing now,

Now, my local city has another uni and I tried to get onto the pharmacology course there - I would go back to second year to do my 4 year course. Right thats acceptable as I am a chemist. But I couldn't get onto said pharmacology degree as I have been to university already. I am now doing my honours with the OU on the chemistry pathway (I still get to do biology as well with the chemistry!)

To cut a long story short, I have struggled to get into the pharmacology / pharmacy field. so I have to make do with the biological chemist that I am. i really wish i could've done the pharmacology degree offer I had from college - :frown: Saves me a lot of hassle.

Sorry for the depressing story.
Original post by NeuroJanine
When I was at school, I wanted to do a pharmacy degree, so I did GSVQ Level III iin Science. I got rejected for my pharmacy applications, as well as an HND in Chemistry and Biology in my local uni (former poly).

Now, my degree is drug related and I have applied for many jobs in the pharmacy and I get the impression they are a little scared of me as I am comfortable with drugs etc as I am a biological chemistry. I get back to the local poly uni and finally get my BSc in Applied Chemistry, only to have my course shut down when I am due to do my honours year. I end up doing a MSc with the Open University, only to be told I need to do my honours, which I am doing now,

Now, my local city has another uni and I tried to get onto the pharmacology course there - I would go back to second year to do my 4 year course. Right thats acceptable as I am a chemist. But I couldn't get onto said pharmacology degree as I have been to university already. I am now doing my honours with the OU on the chemistry pathway (I still get to do biology as well with the chemistry!)

To cut a long story short, I have struggled to get into the pharmacology / pharmacy field. so I have to make do with the biological chemist that I am. i really wish i could've done the pharmacology degree offer I had from college - :frown: Saves me a lot of hassle.

Sorry for the depressing story.

It's okay, let it go.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending