The Student Room Group

How to smash your a-levels - a guide written by an A* student

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dylann
Basically I get loads of messages from people asking for help and I found I was just repeating myself, so I compiled all my a-level wisdom into a booklet that takes like 15 minutes to read through (and easy to reference). I wrote the guide in September before university and was planning to update it at uni, but I haven't really had much time so I don't know if I'll ever update it again. Originally just made it for friends (online and real) but decided to now go a bit more public.

Anyone can do well at a-level, even if you did poorly at GCSE. You just need the motivation and correct techniques. The booklet aims to help you with this.

here it is --> www.bit.ly/smashalevels

comment below if you have any specific queries about anything

Brilliant summation of what makes an excellent 'smart' student. I am defnitely going to put a few of these tips into usage, luckily I had a few down already
Original post by Dylann
Basically I get loads of messages from people asking for help and I found I was just repeating myself, so I compiled all my a-level wisdom into a booklet that takes like 15 minutes to read through (and easy to reference). I wrote the guide in September before university and was planning to update it at uni, but I haven't really had much time so I don't know if I'll ever update it again. Originally just made it for friends (online and real) but decided to now go a bit more public.

Anyone can do well at a-level, even if you did poorly at GCSE. You just need the motivation and correct techniques. The booklet aims to help you with this.

comment below if you have any specific queries about anything

What's your PB on the 3x3 and what's your main cube?
Does this work for GCSE too ?
Thank you very much! It really helped. I want to enjoy these years just as much as you did. I will come back to this thread one day and show you how great you have made me.
Reply 64
Original post by jackien1
What's your PB on the 3x3 and what's your main cube?

Like 13 seconds, probably the Zhanchi now that my Guhong is sort of weirdly slow now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by SHallow28867
Brilliant summation of what makes an excellent 'smart' student. I am definitely going to put a few of these tips into usage, luckily I had a few down already

Good stuff :smile:

Original post by LPLunaticFringe
Does this work for GCSE too ?

Sort of. GCSE requires a lot more effort across lots of different subjects rather than a lot of effort in just a few. You will need to plan your time much more in order to get everything done, but as for the motivation stuff, sure, it should work.

Original post by FrustratedHorse
Thank you very much! It really helped. I want to enjoy these years just as much as you did. I will come back to this thread one day and show you how great you have made me.

I look forward to it! Let me know how it goes :smile:
This is brilliant, especially as you studied chemistry which is the subject I am weakest at - thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 67
Original post by Bethaaaaany
This is brilliant, especially as you studied chemistry which is the subject I am weakest at - thank you! :biggrin:

You're welcome :smile:
Original post by jamestg
Cracking stuff!

F*ck you nobody asked for your unwanted opinion
Original post by ConfusedBCOfMods
F*ck you nobody asked for your unwanted opinion

Lol
Original post by Dylann
You're welcome :smile:

good luck doing a degree if you think you should leave revision to the last minute. you may get away with that for a levels, but i'm afraid it just wont cut it at undergraduate level. you still have a lot to learn i'm afraid!
Reply 71
Original post by john2054
good luck doing a degree if you think you should leave revision to the last minute. you may get away with that for a levels, but i'm afraid it just wont cut it at undergraduate level. you still have a lot to learn i'm afraid!

This booklet is for people doing A-levels ...
that was the most helpful thing anyone has said all year, thankss much appreciated
Original post by Dylann
This booklet is for people doing A-levels ...

and what comes after ? Macdonalds??
Reply 74
bump, for students beginning A-levels in September.
Original post by Dylann
Basically I get loads of messages from people asking for help and I found I was just repeating myself, so I compiled all my a-level wisdom into a booklet that takes like 15 minutes to read through (and easy to reference). I wrote the guide in September before university and was planning to update it at uni, but I haven't really had much time so I don't know if I'll ever update it again (update: I won't update it again). Originally just made it for friends (online and real) but decided to now go a bit more public.

I got 2A*s 7As an half a B at GCSE. 3A*s at A2. I don't care if you didn't get a single A/A* at GCSE. YOU can change and do well at A-level. You just gotta work hard and smart, and believe in yourself.

Great book, thanks for taking the time to write this
Reply 76
Original post by Yusufff
Great book, thanks for taking the time to write this

No worries, thanks for reading. Share with friends if you think they will find it useful. Good luck.
Reply 77
bump
Reply 78
Original post by Dylann
bump

btw if you dont mind, what are you planning to study with those 3A*s at a level.
Reply 79
Original post by Relaxxx
btw if you dont mind, what are you planning to study with those 3A*s at a level.

I've already done my first year of a Chemistry degree :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending