The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
You really don't need a sink! Loads of my friends wear contact lenses and it's fine. Do you have your own sink at home?! Seriously, you won't care once you get here!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Everone stay in East Slope.

Get wasted all day, yay.
irule
are there no sinks in the east slope rooms at all? i wanted to go there but ive just read they dont have sinks and i really need one because i wear contact lenses :frown: i want cheap accomodation dammit!!

Haha I think what they mean is 'no sinks in the rooms'.. there are sinks in the bathrooms!!
Be warned... I walked past Bramber today and I noticed that they're the most overlooked rooms on campus. I could literally see everything through the window as it's floor to ceiling. I should imagine that if you got a really bad room you'd have to keep your curtains shut the whole time. Or become a performance artist.

They do look quite nice though!
Thanks for the warning! It's stuff like this that only people who are already at Sussex can tell us :smile:
Reply 45
Thoughtcriminal31
Haha I think what they mean is 'no sinks in the rooms'.. there are sinks in the bathrooms!!

yeah....obviously haha
i guess i could do without one in my own room, i'm just worried as i only recently got contacts and i dont wanna be in there for like 3 hours hogging the bathroom when im trying to put them in lol :s-smilie:
irule
yeah....obviously haha
i guess i could do without one in my own room, i'm just worried as i only recently got contacts and i dont wanna be in there for like 3 hours hogging the bathroom when im trying to put them in lol :s-smilie:

Ah don't worry about it, I've had contacts three years, and for the first months or so it literally took me 15 minutes each time.. now it takes about ten seconds [the into/out of eye part].

By October you'll be a pro!
Reply 47
I've heard mobile phone reception is a bit dodgy on campus. Does anyone know which networks are OK?
Reply 48
subversive
I've heard mobile phone reception is a bit dodgy on campus. Does anyone know which networks are OK?

O2 was the strongest signal when I had my phone on roaming
Reply 49
Oh no. Panic setting in. I put park village as first choice and im unconditional so ill prolly get it but now i dont know if I want it because noone seems to have put it as first choice. can u change your mind if youve sent your form already? omagod. cry.

panipanicpanicpanic.:eek:

and whats this lack of tables business?
Reply 50
I'm finding it hard to picture Park Village really. I like the idea of sharing with 12 people in a 'house' rather than a floor in halls, but the lack of a table and smaller rooms (?) is kind of putting me off. le sigh.
From what I can remember Park Village actually had pretty decent sized rooms.. the kitchen wasn't huge but I'm sure you're not gonna live in there, so...
Reply 52
OK cool. I really don't know where I'm going to live at the moment. I don't think I'll be able to afford all the brand spanking new ones and I'm not too fussed about having an ensuite anyway. But I still can't decide :confused:
I just double checked the website and Brighthelm is £92, which is probably going to be too much for me. So i'm going to ring up and ask if I can put off campus for first choice. Not sure yet though.
Hmmm I was so fussy about having an ensuite before but as I'm currently in africa and using shared outdoor bathrooms I'm realising I can survive without! And I'm not sure how I feel about waisting my parents money AND the higher possibility of living with some materialistic, rich people- so as soon as I get home I think I'll be phoning the acomodation office to change my choice :smile:
irule
are there no sinks in the east slope rooms at all? i wanted to go there but ive just read they dont have sinks and i really need one because i wear contact lenses :frown: i want cheap accomodation dammit!!

Why do you need a sink for contact lenses. All you need is a mirror and you can pick them up for about a pound. I don't go anywhere near a sink with mine, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Changed my accommodation to off campus because I can't afford much else. Park House second choice and Park Village third.
Does anyone know if there's internet in the off campus accommodation?
Reply 57
East Slope all the way :biggrin:
Reply 58
Just changed my option to East slope as first choice...... 15 quid a week extra can come in handy
Reply 59
I'll also hopefully be an East Sloper come September. See some of you soon maybe :smile:

Latest