The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
ahh i still aint decided out of park house, east slope and brighthelms. i hate choosing
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
I've put east slope down as first choice, hopefully I'll get it.
mc_hamster
Changed my accommodation to off campus because I can't afford much else. Park House second choice and Park Village third.
Does anyone know if there's internet in the off campus accommodation?

I'd imagine so...Holland House definitely has it though apparently you might have to go to the basement to pick it up.

The ground floor room thing...Isn't too bad, I was on the ground floor of East Slope 4, which has a nice grassy lawn in front of it and is very close to the bar and never felt my privacy was invaded when I had the blind open :smile:
misslibby
I'd imagine so...Holland House definitely has it though apparently you might have to go to the basement to pick it up.

I emailed them and they said it does. Holland House has been sold off now.
Reply 64
They started sorting the first wave of people (unconditionals) so hopefully we will be finding out soon....
Freezer
They started sorting the first wave of people (unconditionals) so hopefully we will be finding out soon....

I'm nervous now, I hope I don't have to share a room.
Reply 66
mc_hamster
I'm nervous now, I hope I don't have to share a room.

Why would you have to share a room? i think it was an option on the form, but wouldnt it be unlikely if you didn't tick it?

Brighthelm is sounding pretty good - i put that as first choice.
Luke_S
Why would you have to share a room? i think it was an option on the form, but wouldnt it be unlikely if you didn't tick it?

Because in a few areas you may have to share. Sometimes it does happen even if you don't tick it.
Reply 68
Probably wrong completely, but isnt only east slope where there are shared rooms?

I guess you're right. But im sure there are some people who want to share rooms, so some of those spaces will be taken up. I wouldnt worry too much.
Probably wrong completely, but isnt only east slope where there are shared rooms?

East slope and some of the off campus accom. I think. though i could be wrong.

I need to send off my form!
gucci piggy
East slope and some of the off campus accom. I think. though i could be wrong.

Yep, I've put off campus and I know one of them I could possibly end up sharing.
Luke_S

Brighthelm is sounding pretty good - i put that as first choice.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I really hope I get it!
Reply 72
isabella87
Ok guys, just i'd give you the run down on Brighthelm and Park village, hope its useful! ..................................
QUOTE]

v useful thankyou. i really dont like the idea of not having a table eating area... but its all too late now to change my mind i think...?
loosey
v useful thankyou. i really dont like the idea of not having a table eating area... but its all too late now to change my mind i think...?

I rung up a couple of weeks ago to change my accommodation so it's worth a try.
I don't know if you're unconditional though, because this time last year people started recieving their agreements. I'm hoping they start sending them out soon so I know where I'll be.
Reply 74
Does anyone know any websites with good pictures of the interiors of the on-campus accommodation? I have found the Sussex university webpage rather unhelpful with regards to the various types of accommodation!

If any current students would be able to give me their opinions on the different on-campus "living areas" that would be really appreciated!

Cheers
Aww all you fresher folk getting about your accomodation choices!.. lol doesnt seem like a year a go i was in the exactly the same position! Chances are, if you apply to brighthelm / lewes court and you have an unconditional offer (say, your on your gap year and already have your results) or you are a mature student, then your very much likely to get it! However if your not, it is totally pot luck, as the majority of the "popular" choices of accomodation are taken by those who are guaranteed successful entry. However this may change now as you have all of these extra new buildings (the bramber development etc)...

Brighthelm is really nice, like home!.. and it was my home for my first year!.. Personally i think its the "nicest" accomodation on campus, however this branding will depend on the person. You will naturally meet more people if you live in the park houses/east slope as you will be living with more people.. however if you explore around and make friends elsewhere theres no reason why u can equally be as popular!.. heres some pics of my (now old) room, and house at brighthelm..

Reply 76
i like brighthelm but worried that only 5 ppl in your house where everyone one else has 12!
Reply 77
Hey guys,

I just received confirmation from the Housing Office... so I am now officially another East Sloper for 2007-2008.

Since I am all covered up in Sussex fever as a newbie ... all suggestions are welcome. What, why, when, who...? aagrrrhhhh... it feels so good
Reply 78
All the cool kids go to Pav Tav, then Audio. Check it.
Puki
Hey guys,

I just received confirmation from the Housing Office... so I am now officially another East Sloper for 2007-2008.

It looks like you're the only one at the moment.

Latest

Trending

Trending