The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Could anyone tell me what it means when it says (quiet) next to the room?

Got East slope btw :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
thought i was in varley halls but then when i called on monday they said im on priority list

i wonder how long it will take before i find out T__T
Original post by Danzii
Could anyone tell me what it means when it says (quiet) next to the room?

Got East slope btw :smile:

It means that for whatever reason you should be quieter. No loud music at night. No parties in the flat. No coming back drunk at 4am and waking everyone up.

I really hope I get a quiet flat.
Reply 943
Original post by SmallTownGirl
It means that for whatever reason you should be quieter. No loud music at night. No parties in the flat. No coming back drunk at 4am and waking everyone up.

I really hope I get a quiet flat.

Thank you! Not too sure if thats what I'd want... however if east slope is supposed to be that loud it might be nice to be on the quieter side when revising.

Have you applied for east slope also?
Original post by Danzii
Thank you! Not too sure if thats what I'd want... however if east slope is supposed to be that loud it might be nice to be on the quieter side when revising.

Have you applied for east slope also?

No. I put Northfield as my first choice. It seems odd that they'd put students who didn't ask for it into a quiet flat. That just causes problems. I hope if I get a quiet flat that it's what everyone else in there wanted too.
Just got mine through, I'm in Swanborough, 41D. Nowhere near my first choice but nevermind :tongue:
Reply 946
I still haven't gotten anything and since I'm not from the UK I figure it'd take me even longer than expected to receive word on where I might be placed. I'm thinking I'll email them to see if they can tell me..

Anyone know how I can contact them and more importantly any advice on what I should say?
Does anyone want to room sway for any room on Sussex or Falmer campus.

Ive got an en-suite at Swanborough! Preferably swap for an alternative en-suite but non en-suite is okay too! (Any room except for east slope)

BSMS student so living on sussex or brighton either campus' is fine by me!

Just drop me a message :smile:
Original post by Bradford92
Does anyone want to room sway for any room on Sussex or Falmer campus.

Ive got an en-suite at Swanborough! Preferably swap for an alternative en-suite but non en-suite is okay too! (Any room except for east slope)

BSMS student so living on sussex or brighton either campus' is fine by me!

Just drop me a message :smile:

What's wrong with that room? (Just out of interest)
Original post by mchairmaster
What's wrong with that room? (Just out of interest)

It's just really expensive.
The nicest accommodaiton but it'l cost me nearly a grand more than my 1st choice.
Original post by Bradford92
It's just really expensive.
The nicest accommodaiton but it'l cost me nearly a grand more than my 1st choice.

Ah I see, well it was my first choice and I'm still waiting for my mail...
just found out today i got east slope finally the wait is over

so any info on east slope
Reply 952
Original post by Neomaster121
just found out today i got east slope finally the wait is over

so any info on east slope

hey i had a friend who use to live on eastslope and they said it had quite small rooms and sharing kitchen space with quite a few others ( about 11 I think) .
Apparently this is a bit overwhelming at first (if your use to a lot of personal space anyway) but he said it worked out well as you get to socialized with more people and just generally had a good atmosphere , always something to do etc so sounds pretty good!

worried about my accomodation though (stanmer) what i've read about it sounds awful!
Reply 953
23 lancaster house :smile:

sounds pretty good from what i've read so far on other threads..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by luellamay
hey i had a friend who use to live on eastslope and they said it had quite small rooms and sharing kitchen space with quite a few others ( about 11 I think) .
Apparently this is a bit overwhelming at first (if your use to a lot of personal space anyway) but he said it worked out well as you get to socialized with more people and just generally had a good atmosphere , always something to do etc so sounds pretty good!

worried about my accomodation though (stanmer) what i've read about it sounds awful!

ah what have you heard about yours?

i don't mind small spaces lol
Reply 955
Lancaster House, which is my 7th choice :|
Reply 956
I got Northfield, which was my 2nd choice, I wanted Swanborough but oh well :biggrin:

Yay finally this is out of my way.
Lancaster House 080
anyone know if its any good?
Norwich House :wink:
York house, I guess theyre dishing out all of these now?

Latest