The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Puki
Since I am all covered up in Sussex fever as a newbie ... all suggestions are welcome. What, why, when, who...? aagrrrhhhh... it feels so good

Where: Audioaudioaudioaudioaudio. It doesn't get better than Audio on wednesdays and thursdays.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 81
Brighthelm for me, hurrah.

If anyone wants to know where they are living and holds an unconditional you can just ring up the housing office and they will be happy to tell you.

Or you can sit and wait till the tenancy agreement turns up.
Found this on the website:

Unconditional Firm Offers
If you are an undergraduate applicant and went unconditional firm with us by the beginning of July, then your tenancy agreement will be sent out to you this week. In order to confirm that you want the room we have allocated to you, please sign both copies of the tenancy when you get them and return one to us as soon as you can. If you are away travelling, just ask a parent to sign on your behalf and return the tenancy to us. We will ask you to countersign once you arrive at Sussex in September.

Hopefully I will get mine tomorrow or I'll just call up.
Reply 83
mc_hamster
Found this on the website:

Unconditional Firm Offers
If you are an undergraduate applicant and went unconditional firm with us by the beginning of July, then your tenancy agreement will be sent out to you this week. In order to confirm that you want the room we have allocated to you, please sign both copies of the tenancy when you get them and return one to us as soon as you can. If you are away travelling, just ask a parent to sign on your behalf and return the tenancy to us. We will ask you to countersign once you arrive at Sussex in September.

Hopefully I will get mine tomorrow or I'll just call up.

Ditto hamster person
Reply 84
cool wot did u all get? Ne one get brighthelm, im Cond but hopefulyl i get that or park house
Yay I've got off campus, Florence Road. My rent is only £61.40 a week which is awesome and it's not shared, yay.
Reply 86
congrats on getting brighthelm! It's lovely there! Really pretty surroundings, the best accomm in my opinion :smile:
I just got my tenancy agreement through - Lewes Court yayy :smile:
Flat 10D, does anybody know how you find out your room number? Has anyone else got Lewes Court yet? Hope everyone else finds out soon.
Reply 88
Just got mine today as well....East Slope 004H :biggrin:! Can't believe this has come round so quick, this year has just gone stupidly fast.
I got my agreement through as confirmation today, just sent it back so it's all sorted out.
Apparently I'm room 11 Florence House then it says single & quiet, so that's two of my main worries sorted. The only thing I don't understand is it says 'And in common with others the use of common areas'. I have no idea what that means, does anyone else?
Reply 90
isabella87
Just got mine through today and i've got Brighthelm! So excited. Also, was reading through the leaflet and it says brighthelm has 205 undergrads and just 95 post grads, so all the 'brighthelm is full of post grads and old people' line isn't entirely true...Also for anyone interested, although the rents gone up, brighthelm doesn't have extra gas/electricity charges anymore i don't think.

I feel all excited now. :smile:

I got brighthelm as well. I was a bit confused about why it cost more than £10 a week from last year, but i noticed as well that you don't pay gas or electricity there anymore, so thats evened out a bit.

IRT hamster

'And in common with others the use of common areas' - im guessing it means you share everything else apart from your bedroom: kitchen, living room if there is one etc.
Luke_S
IRT hamster

'And in common with others the use of common areas' - im guessing it means you share everything else apart from your bedroom: kitchen, living room if there is one etc.

Oh yeah, that would make sense it's just worded weirdly. There is a common room so that's more then likely what it means.
Reply 92
I called em, East sloper....waiting for the agreement to come through
Reply 93
Luke_S
I got brighthelm as well. I was a bit confused about why it cost more than £10 a week from last year, but i noticed as well that you don't pay gas or electricity there anymore, so thats evened out a bit.

£10 a week more? Wow. Our bill total ended up being roughly £90 for the whole year. £10 a week x 36 weeks = £360? Don't sound too even to me! Whoever gets my old flat will be lucky though...I managed to force a brand new oven, shower pump and fridge out of the buggers coz the previous ones were so old and useless!
Reply 94
Cahoot
Just got mine today as well....East Slope 004H :biggrin:! Can't believe this has come round so quick, this year has just gone stupidly fast.

Flat 4, I think you'll be right next to the bar then at the bottom of the Slope...enjoy the noise!
Reply 95
its not 10 more is it?? it was 88 and now its 92 i thought, dont tell me its 98!
Reply 96
Proton Boy
Flat 4, I think you'll be right next to the bar then at the bottom of the Slope...enjoy the noise!

Ha, I imagine living near a bar has both pros and cons :wink: Will the noise really be that big a deal??
Reply 97
Mccarroll
its not 10 more is it?? it was 88 and now its 92 i thought, dont tell me its 98!

Yeah £92.50.

I know it did say £88 or something like that, but i did see it showing £81 somewhere before, maybe it was for the year before that? I remember seeing it as £81 or around that, and then it said £88, and i thought hmmm... wish i'd have gone last year :smile: and then it said £92.50 when i got the tenancy agreement and stuff, but no utility bills. Maybe i just imagined it was £81 at some point.
They only recently updated 2007 prices about a month ago, which was a bit rubbish of them really.
Reply 99
Mccarroll

My rent for this year was £81.50 a week! I remember hearing they were increasing it to £88 for your year but I guess they decided to increase it even more!

EDIT: oh well, I guess at least you've got the nicest accommodation on campus though :smile:. Make sure they don't fob you off with useless kitchen facilities though! - If you complain enough, they will replace them.

Latest