Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Accomodation Thread!

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanylpa)
    Ah I'm doing Maths with Economics, almost the other end of the spectrum compared to English Language

And no not yet to tickets. To be honest I'm not exactly raving like some :P I'll go to buy them in the week if there are any left I'll go to the events but I am more a mellow tea drinking person myself.

(Original post by Bianca.)
    Hahah I haven't bought any tickets either, none of the events really appeal to me, the freshers fair looks the best if you ask me hahah.
    Glad to see there are other people around my house that aren't that much into partying as I seem to be the only one in my house
    can i come too!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajayhp)
    can i come too!
    yeaah we should have a tea party at the 42 flat
    not sure if seanylpa is still interested though, maybe we should surprise him with a visit
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bianca.)
    yeaah we should have a tea party at the 42 flat
    not sure if seanylpa is still interested though, maybe we should surprise him with a visit

Yh we should

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys i'm about the send my forum which one would you recommend from the following : Northfield , Swanborough ( or however is spelled ) , Stanmer Court . I want an en-suite room and prefer a sociable environment
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barrerayy)
    Guys i'm about the send my forum which one would you recommend from the following : Northfield , Swanborough ( or however is spelled ) , Stanmer Court . I want an en-suite room and prefer a sociable environment
    Can you apply for accomodation already? :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where is it best to apply for accommodation in Sussex- either for general living or for medics- in people's opinion?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanG)
    Can you apply for accomodation already? :confused:
    Yeah. I didn't knw we could apply yet? I firmed like a week ago, so can we start applying now?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swbp)
    Yeah. I didn't knw we could apply yet? I firmed like a week ago, so can we start applying now?
    Hey, no Sussex send letters on when and how to apply for your accommodation around March. You are then given until the 1st August to apply to be guaranteed a place on campus, providing it is your first year studying at the university
    Hope this helps
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swbp)
    I emailed them to ask, we'll get a email with a link to the online application site around the middle of March
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanG)
    I emailed them to ask, we'll get a email with a link to the online application site around the middle of March
    Oh great, thanks So desperate to get accomodation in Brighthelm!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swbp)
    Oh great, thanks So desperate to get accomodation in Brighthelm!
    East Slope is my first choice You got an conditional or unconditional?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanG)
    East Slope is my first choice You got an conditional or unconditional?
    Conditional, so I imagine my chances are slim :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you apply early you've got a good chance I'm unconditional so I hope I get East Slope.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    what is brighthelm like? I'm seriously considering it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanG)
    If you apply early you've got a good chance I'm unconditional so I hope I get East Slope.
    its extremely unlikely that you would not get offered East Slope.. majority of people don't want to live there!

Brighthelm is nice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozmond)
    its extremely unlikely that you would not get offered East Slope.. majority of people don't want to live there!

Brighthelm is nice
    That's good. As long as I'm close to the bar
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if this has been asked a million times before, but how likely is it that I will get decent accommodation (or any at all for that matter) if I go to Sussex as my insurance?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electric-wars)
    Apologies if this has been asked a million times before, but how likely is it that I will get decent accommodation (or any at all for that matter) if I go to Sussex as my insurance?
    You are not guaranteed accommodation on campus and most likely you will not get it. However Brighton is full of student accommodation to let so you shouldn't find it difficult to find somewhere to live. Also the university will not abandon you as they do help you to find somewhere to live.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm really torn between Brighthelm and Lewes phase 1 :/

Brighthelm seems to be perfect, but there are only 5 per house and i'm worried it wont have an atmosphere

Lewes has 6 per flat, which seems more sociable, but not as good facilities

any advice? I'm also considering Park Houses, but i'm worried they may be too rowdy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post about rooms available in Brighton, but it's worth a try!

We have an £87.50 per week room with double bed available in 4 person house just off Lewes Road (near Sainsburys). One of our housemates is off on placement next year leaving us 3 guys with a room to fill. We're a fairly sociable bunch and hard working (mostly). We're currently studying Digital Media, Biology and Outdoor Adventurous Activities. The house is located on Riley Road and room is available for uni year starting Sept 2012. If you're interested feel free to contact me on here!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 6, 2014
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.