The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Yay, I have mine tenancy agreement... East slope, Flat 9, I think.

Definitley looking forward to getting there,but holidays first:smile:

If anyone else is in Flat 9 get in touch!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 101
I'm East Slope flat 32.
I hope it's not up too much of a hill, I'm lazy.
Reply 102
Anyone in Kent House yet?
Cahoot
Just got mine today as well....East Slope 004H :biggrin:! Can't believe this has come round so quick, this year has just gone stupidly fast.

Ahhh that's my old flat! How exciting.

What can I tell you about it...It's a 12 person, mixed, was non-smoking, and it's one of the ones that has been done up (but bear in mind it's still East Slope...). It's right at the bottom of the far left of the slope, behind Brighthelm reception/the old bus stop...Very close to the bar but not so close you'll hear the noise from it, so a good placement all round :smile: Your room is on the middle floor furthest away from the kitchen I think, which is good cause it's quiet.

And it has a nice bit of grass in front of it :smile:
i've got an unconditional offer but received no tenancy agreement as of yet, perhaps the postal strikes are affecting my mail?? should i contact sussex or leave it a couple of days?
phoned them, they said i have been allocated bramber (it has a new name... swan something? i got confused for a second) which was my first choice, so pleased. :biggrin: she said the postal strikes have probably held it up, but if i don't receive it in a few days to give the housing office another ring to let them know.
Reply 106
misslibby
Ahhh that's my old flat! How exciting.

What can I tell you about it...It's a 12 person, mixed, was non-smoking, and it's one of the ones that has been done up (but bear in mind it's still East Slope...). It's right at the bottom of the far left of the slope, behind Brighthelm reception/the old bus stop...Very close to the bar but not so close you'll hear the noise from it, so a good placement all round :smile: Your room is on the middle floor furthest away from the kitchen I think, which is good cause it's quiet.

And it has a nice bit of grass in front of it :smile:

Your old flat, amazing! haha. That's ace though, cheers for that :biggrin: Sounds pretty much exactly how I wanted it to be. What's the layout of the bedrooms exactly... like when you say mine's on the middle floor?? Also is the boy/girl ratio exactly half and half?
Reply 107
Oh dear... turns out I can't read.
I'm actually going to be in 039E. Does anyone know how many people i'll be sharing with/ will i be at the top of the hill?

And i've also heard there are allotments on campus - is this true?!
Reply 108
hazygirl
I'm actually going to be in 039E. Does anyone know how many people i'll be sharing with/ will i be at the top of the hill?

Weed allotments in eastslope no doubt:rolleyes: :biggrin: ! Not seen any of the vegetable kind though...
Reply 109
hazygirl

Yup yup, at the back of brightelm/eastslope. There are hardly any though. I applied and did not receive - only to go walking a few months later and find that most of them weren't even being used to grow anything. :rolleyes:
JustW
Your old flat, amazing! haha. That's ace though, cheers for that :biggrin: Sounds pretty much exactly how I wanted it to be. What's the layout of the bedrooms exactly... like when you say mine's on the middle floor?? Also is the boy/girl ratio exactly half and half?

Yeah, it's half and half. There's two corridors, one above the kitchen and one below it, but the bottom one has two sets of stairs going up off it which go to rooms E and F, and G and H. Those ones are on the same level as the kitchen...It's a bit confusing. I might have got the lettering wrong though, it was 2 years ago...

I keep remembering little bits about it - you have two toilets, two showers (the showers are painfully strong..), a bath, two ovens (one of which you'll have a better chance of heating with a hairdryer than switching it on, unless they've fixed it...) and you can't get a phone signal anywhere in the kitchen. Also if you get to know whoever's in room D, note the weird light patches on the carpet - I used to bleach my hair in there, they're my legacy :biggrin:

Allotments?! I'd have loved that :frown: I didn't even know about them...
hazygirl

I *think* that was one of my friend's flats in the first year but I may be wrong - if not, it's kind of in the middle (above the car park, but not nearly at the top), and it's a six bedroom one. Not one of the redecorated ones, but it had a nice big kitchen :smile:
Reply 112
misslibby
I *think* that was one of my friend's flats in the first year but I may be wrong - if not, it's kind of in the middle (above the car park, but not nearly at the top), and it's a six bedroom one. Not one of the redecorated ones, but it had a nice big kitchen :smile:

Sounds good, i was just a bit wary of sharing with 12. And a big kitchen is definitely good.

Thanks
Reply 113
East Slope flat 33C
Anyone seen this? Or know what its like?>
Reply 114
I'm in East Slope 029B. Anyone know if it's a 12-bed like I wanted?
À la folie, pas du tout
I just got my tenancy agreement through - Lewes Court yayy :smile:
Flat 10D, does anybody know how you find out your room number? Has anyone else got Lewes Court yet? Hope everyone else finds out soon.

Hi, I'm in Lewes Court phase 1 too :biggrin:

Can't remember off hand what flat I am...
Reply 116
I've got East Slope 55D

Bearing in mind that I am travelling all the way from Kosovo, it's kind of weird that we ought to bring just about everything with us, like the pillow, the sheets... that's gonna cost me millions of extra kg in my luggage :smile:

How did you guys cope with that stuff???
Puki
I've got East Slope 55D

Bearing in mind that I am travelling all the way from Kosovo, it's kind of weird that we ought to bring just about everything with us, like the pillow, the sheets... that's gonna cost me millions of extra kg in my luggage :smile:

How did you guys cope with that stuff???

You can buy bedding from the university and if you don't want to do that you can just wait until you arrive and buy it in town?

If you think about it would you really want to be sharing pillows and sheets that belonged to God-knows who :s-smilie: !!
ElectricFate
Hi, I'm in Lewes Court phase 1 too :biggrin:

Can't remember off hand what flat I am...

Yayy big up Lewes Court :biggrin:
What are you studying?
Is there a list on the Sussex website with the things you need to take with you for accommodation, and the things that are already included?
I don't want to go out buying things and then find that a bunch of it is already there for me!

Latest

Trending

Trending