The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Got the email about my room today (unconditional offer - hence why im early on this). Im studying English and Philosophy!

Anyone else living here?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by NickStewart1995
I just got my accommodation - Brighthelm house 25! anyone else here living there?

I'm in Brighthelm house 5 :smile:
Reply 1302
I'm in Swanborough, block 2, first floor! (:
Anyone else living there?
I got Northfield, block 2! So happy about that :smile: This is making it feel a lot more real now though...

Does anyone have any idea btw when the first generation scholarship things get allocated?
Original post by beckyprue
I'm in Brighthelm house 5 :smile:

Brighthelm house 14...I hope it's not too far up that hill - have you been up there?
Original post by CHoCoH8r
Brighthelm house 14...I hope it's not too far up that hill - have you been up there?

Yeah I have, seems alright have you?

Just can't wait to start now!
Original post by chloemily
I got Northfield, block 2! So happy about that :smile: This is making it feel a lot more real now though...

Does anyone have any idea btw when the first generation scholarship things get allocated?

How did you work out which block you were in for Northfield? Is it to do with the number after the dash at the end? (if so I'm block 1)

It said in the email attachment that we get the rent reduction for first generation scholars on 1st September, so I don't know if that's when we get the rest of it as well
Original post by chloemily

I also got Northfield block 2 :smile: what room are you in? I am 18D-1. Really looking forward to going!
Yeah I have, seems alright have you?

Just can't wait to start now!

Neither can I, so excited. Yeah I managed to see it once coz it was almost always not available to see when I visited and apart from the hill I'm so happy I got it

What are you studying?
Original post by CHoCoH8r
Neither can I, so excited. Yeah I managed to see it once coz it was almost always not available to see when I visited and apart from the hill I'm so happy I got it

What are you studying?

Yeah I had the same problem tbh, but knew that it was where I wanted to stay. The hill does make me sad though haha

I'm studying law with politics, how about you?
Original post by jowsm
I'm in Swanborough, block 2, first floor! (:
Anyone else living there?

Swanborough as well. Block 3, third floor :smile:
Original post by katieh14
Which would you say is the most social out of northfield and lewes court phase 2?

Probably too late for an answer, but, from what someone from the Uni told me, Lewes Court phase 2 is the more social by a big margin.
Original post by Alrounder79
Probably too late for an answer, but, from what someone from the Uni told me, Lewes Court phase 2 is the more social by a big margin.

It depends on who you are randomly chosen to live with. Some flats are part flats and some aren't and it's just the luck of the draw...
Original post by SmallTownGirl
It depends on who you are randomly chosen to live with. Some flats are part flats and some aren't and it's just the luck of the draw...

Northfield is a quite far away from where everything happens, so it's a bit secluded. Look at how far away Northfield is from the centre: https://www.sussex.ac.uk/webteam/gateway/file.php?name=campusmap.pdf&site=271

Also, Northfield ends up having a lot of foreign students, especially Chinese students (and they might not be as social as others), because they get priority of accommodation and Northfield is the quite new and one of the best.
Northfield is a quite far away from where everything happens, so it's a bit secluded. Look at how far away Northfield is from the centre: https://www.sussex.ac.uk/webteam/gateway/file.php?name=campusmap.pdf&site=271

Also, Northfield ends up having a lot of foreign students, especially Chinese students (and they might not be as social as others), because they get priority of accommodation and Northfield is the quite new and one of the best.

I know exactly where Northfield is a I lived there 3 years ago. Don't going telling me about this stuff when I know all about living in halls at Sussex.
Who else is in Northfield please?
Original post by SmallTownGirl
I know exactly where Northfield is a I lived there 3 years ago. Don't going telling me about this stuff when I know all about living in halls at Sussex.

That's incredible to know, it really is. Do all the students applying for accommodation also know where Northfield is?
That's incredible to know, it really is. Do all the students applying for accommodation also know where Northfield is?

Well you quoted me so I assumed you were talking to me. So I corrected you.

And Northfield is max 15 mins from the other side of campus. Campus is much smaller than it looks on maps.
Yeah I had the same problem tbh, but knew that it was where I wanted to stay. The hill does make me sad though haha

I'm studying law with politics, how about you?

English lit and media, been studying those subjects since GCSE and I'm ready to step it up now

Your subjects sound so hard to me lol but I bet they're fun, one of those "someday I'll rule England in a way" kind of degrees x)
Original post by miss keri
Who else is in Northfield please?

I am!

Latest

Trending

Trending