The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Red Dust
Is there a list on the Sussex website with the things you need to take with you for accommodation, and the things that are already included?
I don't want to go out buying things and then find that a bunch of it is already there for me!

It only says that you have to bring your own bed linnen and pans and cutlery... I am assuming that we will encounter an empty room...so you better be prepared.

I have actually thought of a solution for these things: just order them online on the IKEA site - it's cheap and it's delivered at your door :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Puki
It only says that you have to bring your own bed linnen and pans and cutlery... I am assuming that we will encounter an empty room...so you better be prepared.

What about things like curtains and lampshades? I don't want a room without curtains! *shudders at the thought*
Reply 122
All the rooms have curtains! You don't need lampshades cos the lights are the fluorescent kind like a circle on the ceiling. The only things that are provided are wardrobes, drawers, desk, one or 2 chairs, a lamp, an ashtray and a phone in your room. In the kitchen there is only a microwave and a kettle you will have to provide your own toaster but I would wait until you get there to buy one incase others already have them (obviously there are ovens, fridges and freezers provided!).
Reply 123
We had a toaster provided...
À la folie, pas du tout
Yayy big up Lewes Court :biggrin:
What are you studying?

Gender Studies... don't ask! :p:

How about you?

I didn't get told my flat number - just my room number which is a bit weird... Eek maybe I'm just in the broom cupboard or something.
ElectricFate

How about you?

I didn't get told my flat number - just my room number which is a bit weird... Eek maybe I'm just in the broom cupboard or something.

Gender Studies is an awesome course...Really interesting and the groups I was in were so friendly and nice :smile:

Just thought I'd contribute that. If you didn't get told a flat number you should probably contact the uni otherwise you're going to be doing a lot of walking around :wink:

(We also had a toaster - it didn't work)
ElectricFate

How about you?

No I always thought Gender Studies looked a really interesting course too...
That's weird, I got what I thought was my flat number but no room number - 10D. Maybe that's my room number instead though :confused:
Anyway, I might not be living anywhere because the uni still hadn't received my tenancy agreement when I phoned up on Friday.. will have to ring again today.
So are you getting excited about uni yet? :smile:
i applied for brighthelm but now thinking east slope would bebetter cos of money and socially, however i guessing it wouldnt be possible to change as its too late - am i right?

Results 2 days :redface: run
À la folie, pas du tout
That's weird, I got what I thought was my flat number but no room number - 10D. Maybe that's my room number instead though :confused:
Anyway, I might not be living anywhere because the uni still hadn't received my tenancy agreement when I phoned up on Friday.. will have to ring again today.

My tenancy agreement said Lewes Court, Block 1, Flat 04B... didn't even say phase 1 but I'm asuming that's what it is because that's what I applied for and I sent off my form early and I'm unconditional 'cos I've been gap-yearing it.

I only found out my accomodation from my tenancy agreement - didn't get any other indication.

Really looking forward to it but a bit scared becuase I'm so used to West London life and I was at the same school since I was 5 so I'm totally in my comfort zone here! I've been working full time all year so I think I'm gonna enjoy the free time :biggrin:
Mccarroll
i applied for brighthelm but now thinking east slope would bebetter cos of money and socially, however i guessing it wouldnt be possible to change as its too late - am i right?

Results 2 days :redface: run

Once you get to Sussex I'm prettty sure you can swap rooms through a room swap waiting list system....
ElectricFate
Once you get to Sussex I'm prettty sure you can swap rooms through a room swap waiting list system....

Yeh, especially if you want to get into East Slope. Usually quite a few people want to get out.
Reply 131
misslibby
Yeh, especially if you want to get into East Slope. Usually quite a few people want to get out.

Really why
Freezer
Really why

I really liked East Slope but it is the oldest/least luxurious accomodation. I guess some people would like larger rooms with sinks, a quieter atmosphere (though I never had any trouble sleeping or working), newer kitchens etc.

Cause it's the biggest accomodation I suppose a lot of people get put there when their preferred accomodation is full, as well. Hence a larger number of unhappy campers.
Reply 133
Flat 04B or Flat10D means flat 4 room B or flat 10 room D.
I got an unconditional offer back in June & accepted it as firm...but they buggered up on housing...i am a mature student & indicated so on my housing form as a preference...but now i have to wait for my accommodation to be dished out with the a level folk...so prob won't get my choice as most mature ppl with unconditionals have already got their accommodation! swap list 4 me i guess! lol
Reply 135
carlyjayne1
I got an unconditional offer back in June & accepted it as firm...but they buggered up on housing...i am a mature student & indicated so on my housing form as a preference...but now i have to wait for my accommodation to be dished out with the a level folk...so prob won't get my choice as most mature ppl with unconditionals have already got their accommodation! swap list 4 me i guess! lol

Not necessarily :smile:! I was waiting on my A- level results last year (did them late) and I still got put with all mature students (well in their 20's) who hadn't been waiting on results. I'm sure they won't stick you with wild 18 year olds! Btw, what acccomodation did you choose?
hi, sorry if this is in the wrong thread but just wondering how easy is it to get accom for a clearing student, thanks :smile:
Reply 137
I think clearing students normally get put with host familyws to start off with but are usually placed in the first couple of weeks. Everyone is definately in halls by christmas.
Reply 138
À la folie, pas du tout

That is your flat and room number - flat 10 room D :smile:
Reply 139
3K Park village. woo. sounds like ground floor to me. i sent off my tenenacy agreement but never checked if they got it. should i ring the uni to check or would they let me know if they didnt receive it?

Latest

Trending

Trending