The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Hi again Freezer! I'll get the ball rolling...
1. Brighthelm
2. Lewes Court Phase 1 (I thought I put 2 but I actually put 1)

Conditional offer, form already sent off!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
I've also already sent it off :cool:

1. LC phase 2
2. Bramber
3. LC phase 1 (ensuite)
4. Falmer

not really interested after that, lol.

I've got an Unconditional, when do we hear? is it early July?
Reply 3
I'm so bloody undecided!
Reply 4
lol me too, i havnt even put it as firm yet.. i will do but cant decide on insurance. Nottingham or oxford brooks!
1) Lewes Court 2
2) Bramber
3) Lewes Court 1
4) Brighthelm
5)Falmer
6) Park Houses
7) Park village
8) East slope
9) off campus

unconditional so will hopefully be in LC2, maybe we'll be housed together freaked out jelly:p:
Reply 6
Sent it off a few weeks ago, I'm also an unconditional.

1) Brighthelm
2) LC 1
3) Off Campus
4) East Slope

I can't remember anymore after this, I'm really hoping for Brighthelm.
Reply 7
Which places get over-subscribed? Is it worth me trying to get my offer changed to unconditional (technically it's conditional as I have a grade pending, but it's already high enough to fulfil my offer) in order to get accomodation on East Slope?
Chris.
Which places get over-subscribed? Is it worth me trying to get my offer changed to unconditional (technically it's conditional as I have a grade pending, but it's already high enough to fulfil my offer) in order to get accomodation on East Slope?

East Slope is definitly not the most over-subscribed, I'd be willing to bet that if you put it as your first choice as a conditional offer you'd get it, saying that though, there's nothing stopping you trying to get your offer as unconditional- peace of mind and what not:smile:
Reply 9
Sent it off a few weeks ago, I'm also an unconditional.

1) Brighthelm
2) LC 1
3) Off Campus
4) East Slope

I can't remember anymore after this, I'm really hoping for Brighthelm.

Same, may I see you soon in Brighthelm mc hamster!
NB

Is the final deadline August 1st?
1) Lewes Court 2
2) Brighthelm
3=) Lewes Court 1
3=) Bramber
5) Falmer
6) Park Houses
7) Park Village

Conditional offer.
TBH though, I actually only really want my top 2.. and wouldn't mind to much my top 4.. after that I'd be very disappointed.

How likely am I to get what I asked for?

Oh yeah, I also ticked the request boxes for 'quiet' and 'en-suite'.
Maybe I should have been a little more lenient than only 2 choices...:redface:
Reply 12
AHHH! I want a really sociable place but I’m a bit put off by east slope as you don't seem to get a basin and have to share a bathroom with loads of people. I wish someone would do a glossary of accommodation!
Thoughtcriminal31

Conditional offer.
TBH though, I actually only really want my top 2.. and wouldn't mind to much my top 4.. after that I'd be very disappointed.

How likely am I to get what I asked for?

Oh yeah, I also ticked the request boxes for 'quiet' and 'en-suite'.

You may well, after all, most people I speak to seem to have come from having conditional offers, but... Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath...

Seriously, Lewes Court IS full of gap year people.
dogtanian

What am I supposed to understand from that? :eek:

Hahaha
dogtanian
You may well, after all, most people I speak to seem to have come from having conditional offers, but... Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath...

yes but now there are going to be two more big blocks of ensuite rooms all the gap year people will probably be spread across these LC1, LC2, Falmer, Bramber and Brighthelm so I think anyone really who applies for the more expensive or ensuite accommodation will probably get it, you know if there are still enough students applying for budget accommodation I guess. Hopefully anyway!
Also on a random side note… do people pronounce it ‘Bright-helm’ or ‘Brighth-elm’ if you see what I mean..:redface:
Reply 16
sleepy_person!

Also on a random side note… do people pronounce it ‘Bright-helm’ or ‘Brighth-elm’ if you see what I mean..:redface:

I don't know about anyone else but I pronounce it Bright-helm :biggrin:
Reply 17
Can someone give me a quick guide to the different accomodation types? It would really be appreciated. Size of room/cost/social scene/ how many you generally have to share a bathroom with?

Cheers.
Bass
Can someone give me a quick guide to the different accomodation types? It would really be appreciated. Size of room/cost/social scene/ how many you generally have to share a bathroom with?

Cheers.

This should help.
Reply 19
Im so confused, was it Park Houses or Park Village which doesnt even have tables in the kitchen?

Latest