The Student Room Group

Did God or the Big Bang create the universe? (vague title)

Scroll to see replies

Well one theory has no proof whatsoever and is extremely far fetched. The other has some valid evidence and is a much more realistic idea, so i am going to go with the second, the big bang.
Depends what you mean by 'God'.

Define, please.
Infinite universes and Membrane theory FTW.
Original post by XOR_
Who created God? What is a God? Where is a God? Why is a God? .... Exactly

For the first question I would answer 'if numbers never start and never end why does god have to have a beginning or an end? God could simply never be created or destroyed like the conservation of energy states that energy can never be destroyed or created but only transferred, so God could be like that.'

The other questions I can't explain cause I am bad at explaining ahaha XD but yh that's my answer. I definitely believe in God and I believe that science impacted the universe as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
For the first question I would answer 'if numbers never start and never end why does god have to have a beginning or an end? God could simply never be created or destroyed like the conservation of energy states that energy can never be destroyed or created but only transferred, so God could be like that.'

The other questions I can't explain cause I am bad at explaining ahaha XD but yh that's my answer. I definitely believe in God and I believe that science impacted the universe as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're my biased views lol and I understand that there's more evidence for science but I've always believed in God ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
God. What created the bing bang?
Original post by steven2a

Someone could argue 'what/who created God?'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Original post by BristolFresher15
May I ask where exactly in the Qur'an it talks about the big bang? Because I am reading it currently and would love to see what it says :smile:

Just wondering, how are you finding it? A lot of people here say that its really violent
Original post by steven2a

[video="youtube;0jDz8ObTogQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jDz8ObTogQ[/video]
Reply 89
Honestly I'm having a hard time remembering, but I started to question it basically as 2015 rolled around. And it has been building since then. At first I was quite afraid of how I was 'denying' Allah, and how he would punish me or whatever. But I watched a lot of Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, Krauss etc. on YouTube. Really opened my mind!

I do believe in God but I actually really enjoy listening to what Dawkins and other vocal atheists say. It's good to listen to more than one view.
Original post by driftawaay
People say God created the universe. We know the universe was created by the Big bang, therefore the Big bang is God :h:

'we know that the universe was created by the big bang'? Really? Actually this is just a theory. We don't 'know' any thing of the sort!!!
Reply 91

51:48 And the earth have We laid out, how gracious is the Spreader (thereof)! ---- Doesn't that sort of imply the Earth is flat?

It could refer to the idea that the earth is actually really smooth, I read that it is as smooth as a billiard ball it terms of scaling and things
Original post by john2054
'we know that the universe was created by the big bang'? Really? Actually this is just a theory. We don't 'know' any thing of the sort!!!

whatever helps you sleep at night little child
little child huh huh *condeescending*
Original post by john2054

You say just like that isn't quite a big thing. It's a theory because the evidence for it is very solid. The only reason to hold back from saying we know with certainty is that it's open to change should more data be uncovered for which the big bang doesn't explain, but we can say with a fair amount of confidence that the universe was a result of the big bang.
I believe in a 3rd option, that there exists multiple universes and God is a sustainer of these, not a creator. A loose form of pantheism.

Btw you cannot just accept the big bang. This universe is very fine tuned to support galactic and biological evolution. Even a slightly different value of pi or the electric charge of an electron would result in no universe to what we experience today. Therefore its out of necessity that multiple universes must exist, all with infinite values of constants and parameters. If only this universe does exist it seems much more plausible that there is a designer behind it, whether this be the Judeo Christian god, aliens, a computer simulation or Ra is a different discussion.
Original post by Charzhino
I believe in a 3rd option, that there exists multiple universes and God is a sustainer of these, not a creator. A loose form of pantheism.

Btw you cannot just accept the big bang. This universe is very fine tuned to support galactic and biological evolution. Even a slightly different value of pi or the electric charge of an electron would result in no universe to what we experience today. Therefore its out of necessity that multiple universes must exist, all with infinite values of constants and parameters. If only this universe does exist it seems much more plausible that there is a designer behind it, whether this be the Judeo Christian god, aliens, a computer simulation or Ra is a different discussion.

I fail to see how a multiverse exists as a necessity due to fine tuning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrKmas508
Beware Muslims have a notoriety for praising the Qurans scientific facts which ended up being "true" (obscure enough to have tiny bit of substance) then hiding its mistakes claiming they were mere metaphors.

quran do contain metaphors which is why u cant interpret it yourself mu need a islamic sholar not a teacger a scholar like in christianity a prioest
Original post by Scrappy-coco
I fail to see how a multiverse exists as a necessity due to fine tuning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure what you mean as i didn't suggest that. What i meant is that if this universe is the only 1 that exists then it certainly appears to be very eerie in the fact its very fine tuned for everything to exist.
Original post by Charzhino
Not sure what you mean as i didn't suggest that. What i meant is that if this universe is the only 1 that exists then it certainly appears to be very eerie in the fact its very fine tuned for everything to exist.

'Therefore its out of necessity that multiple universes must exist'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending