The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Postgraduate applicants/offer holders 2016? University of Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by wcgwcg
Thanks for taking the time to answer. I've applied for the MA in Political Science. I'm hoping the wait is a good sign.

Yeah don't worry. There might have been too many applicants for your course. I'm sure you will get in. Good Luck! :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
I accepted my offer on the Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Logic MSc a few weeks ago, and I was wondering... what now?

There doesn't seem to be any information on my MyManchester page or student centre. I'm just wondering if someone will be in touch to let me know what I'm supposed to do come September. I assume just show up, but where and when? Will I be given a personal tutor and will I have to sort out my unit choices with them?
Reply 22
Original post by Isabelcm
I accepted my offer on the Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Logic MSc a few weeks ago, and I was wondering... what now?

There doesn't seem to be any information on my MyManchester page or student centre. I'm just wondering if someone will be in touch to let me know what I'm supposed to do come September. I assume just show up, but where and when? Will I be given a personal tutor and will I have to sort out my unit choices with them?

I've just been accepted and was wondering the same thing. I haven't even received an email. I just saw it on their "Self Service" page. I imagine they'll send out a later nearer the time.
Original post by wcgwcg
I've just been accepted and was wondering the same thing. I haven't even received an email. I just saw it on their "Self Service" page. I imagine they'll send out a later nearer the time.

I did get an e-mail after being accepted, the Admissions Officer has been very helpful, maybe try an e-mail yours. Well I would also like to know more information about classes and travel, because in my case I need a CAS.

The accommodation office send me this: Students holding unconditional firm offers to study will be contacted via email from June onwards.
Reply 24
Original post by DanielaN1993
I did get an e-mail after being accepted, the Admissions Officer has been very helpful, maybe try an e-mail yours. Well I would also like to know more information about classes and travel, because in my case I need a CAS.

The accommodation office send me this: Students holding unconditional firm offers to study will be contacted via email from June onwards.

Was the email you got an automated one? I'll email the admissions tutor early next week if I still haven't heard anything.
Original post by wcgwcg
Was the email you got an automated one? I'll email the admissions tutor early next week if I still haven't heard anything.

I don´t think so, because I wrote them to let them know my offer was now unconditional.
Reply 26
Original post by Sakshi18Gupta
Hey guys
Is there anybody who has applied or received an offer for postgraduate course ?

I am an international applicant for MSc Finance. Applied a week back.

Hey i am an international applicant and have been admitted to MSc Structural Engineering.
Hi everyone, international student here. I got the offer for MSc Advanced Materials Engineering. Any AEM student? Been awhile in contact with admission office since the unconditional offer letter, now I am waiting for my CAS and ATAS certificate. Other than that, nothing about upcoming course or orientation week.

Applying for uni accommodation last Feb, but I feel like to share a house nearby uni perhaps around Hulme or Rusholme area. Not sure yet :/
Reply 28
Hi all,

I have an offer for Biomats MSc. Are there any opinions about living in a private hall ? And if yes, is there a recommended hall?

Cheers

Felix
I am an international student received a conditional offer letter for MSc International Disaster Management

Requested to be considered for following accommodation halls;

1- George Kenyon Hall Ensuite
2- Denmark Road Hall Single Ensuite
3 - Woolton Hall Single Ensuite
Reply 30
MSc in Advanced Computer Science!

I applied two weeks ago but didn't hear anything back. However I just checked the Self-Service site (which they really ought to update IMO) and saw that I can accept/decline a 'conditional offer', and the "Review application" TO-DO for the staff is gone. I assume I will get an email in the near future?

Is it too late to still apply for housing in halls?

(from Belgium by the way)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by tneck
MSc in Advanced Computer Science!

I applied two weeks ago but didn't hear anything back. However I just checked the Self-Service site (which they really ought to update IMO) and saw that I can accept/decline a 'conditional offer', and the "Review application" TO-DO for the staff is gone. I assume I will get an email in the near future?

Is it too late to still apply for housing in halls?

(from Belgium by the way)

Hey! I received my offer letter (via email) three-four weeks after seeing that I'd been accepted online. So don't worry about that. As for your question about halls, I really don't know.
Yes you still can apply for uni halls; it still opens until 31st of August and you don't have to have unconditional offer to apply for uni halls. However this is not guaranteed because you're in postgrad and from EU.

http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/consideringmanchester/ouraccommodation/accommodationguarantee/
Reply 33
Hi everyone! I received an unconditional offer for MA Educational Leadership. Anyone from the same department? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi everyone,

I am Vietnamese student. I got an offer in Business and Management. Considering some place to live? Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Reply 35
how many time do you have to accpet/decline an offer?
Reply 36
Hi,

For all those who have obtained their CAS numbers, how long after the initial deposit did you get it?
Reply 37
Hi I've been accepted for an MSc in Sociological Research and I'm now looking for people to live with. Is there a Facebook group or anything to help? I'm 24 and from the UK
Reply 38
Hi everyone

Just accepted an unconditional offer for an MSc in International Development: Politics, Governance and Development Policy. Anyone applied for uni accommodation yet or going private?
Reply 39
Hi all! I've got a unconditional offer for International Development MSc. I decided to live in private halls, works out easier for me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending