The Student Room Group

Bashar al-Assad

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Exactly. Minorities were safe in Syria but then things started to change and here we are today.

Minorities were safe but the majority weren't.

It was a police state where one wrong word would get you locked up and tortured.
Reply 61
Original post by AlifunArnab
Minorities were safe but the majority weren't.

It was a police state where one wrong word would get you locked up and tortured.

That's what it is right now but some users don't believe me
Reply 62
Original post by Bill_Gates
it is your only hope.

So you pick number 2? okies!

Bill shush! For the sake of keeping the country together than have a puppet running the show I would obviously say assad
Bill shush! For the sake of keeping the country together than have a puppet running the show I would obviously say assad

Well there you go then. Stick with Mr Assad.

I have to say it how it is. It's all fun and games when people like FSA are throwing a "Revolution". Just wait until western powers get involved and leave your country in tatters whilst they take all the gains for 100s of years.

Radical Islam is now basically a free ticket to invade any country they like.

Most hilarious thing is muslims actually think they are gaining ground LOL Whilst Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghan etc all get the usual western treatment.
Why do some people here on TSR support this man? I am trying to understand.
My family and I were huge supporters of bashar and his extended family,we thought he had the interests of our people at heart,we have met and greeted him at a number on many occasions in the past but I've realised now, He doesn't care about us,he's already killed so many of our own. I used to support this man up until late 2014,I'm happy to say no more and all of his portraits of him and his father hafez I've removed from our house,the only thing that remains is the flag of Syria,to unite us all. I put him now in the same category as ISIS. They both need to go.

Compared to ISIS, he's very much the lesser of two evils.
That's what it is right now but some users don't believe me

Right now and years before the revolution as well. The mukhabarat are well known.

It's no wonder the Syrian people decided to fight for their rights.
Reply 66
Original post by AlifunArnab
Right now and years before the revolution as well. The mukhabarat are well known.

It's no wonder the Syrian people decided to fight for their rights.

Preach,what's even more annoying is when you're trying to tell someone what happening in Syria behind closed door so and they Dont believe you cause it hasn't featured on the news yet. Wallah,Lord have mercy
Reply 67
Original post by Bill_Gates
Well there you go then. Stick with Mr Assad.

I have to say it how it is. It's all fun and games when people like FSA are throwing a "Revolution". Just wait until western powers get involved and leave your country in tatters whilst they take all the gains for 100s of years.

Radical Islam is now basically a free ticket to invade any country they like.

Most hilarious thing is muslims actually think they are gaining ground LOL Whilst Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghan etc all get the usual western treatment.

Sorry state of affairs habibi
Assad needs to be executed for his crimes against humanity
Reply 69
Original post by Foo.mp3
Agreed, albeit not until there is a suitably robust framework for transition in place or it will turn into a wholesale failed state and the sectarianism/related atrocities will remain/become part of life for the poor people

I see no end to this crisis. Wallah, my heart is aching. Inshallah khayr,I just hope we are able to defeat ISIS completely this year
I see no end to this crisis. Wallah, my heart is aching. Inshallah khayr,I just hope we are able to defeat ISIS completely this year

when you say 'we' do you mean 'us westerners' or have you deiced you're Syrian again
Reply 71
Original post by BaconandSauce
when you say 'we' do you mean 'us westerners' or have you deiced you're Syrian again

As you know full well, I'm Italian and Syrian first and British comes second
As you know full well, I'm Italian and Syrian first and British comes second

Odd on a different thread you were calming the opposite didn't you say 'I'm as English as you are' (you know as you have a British passport and were born in England)

I can go and find the quote if you like
Reply 73
Odd on a different thread you were calming the opposite didn't you say 'I'm as English as you are' (you know as you have a British passport and were born in England)

I can go and find the quote if you like

English and British come second. Roots are important to me. You can't ask me to forget my roots. Anyway I can be both British and Italian and middle eastern all at once right?
(edited 8 years ago)
I dont necassarily support him. I just believe he is the lesser of 2 evils. Many of the rebel groups seem like total loonies and Id be afraid of the worst of them making a grab for power if Bashar is toppled.
Reply 75
Original post by CAElite
I dont necassarily support him. I just believe he is the lesser of 2 evils. Many of the rebel groups seem like total loonies and Id be afraid of the worst of them making a grab for power if Bashar is toppled.

He's not the lesser of two evils because he is the devil himself along with ISIS
English and British come second. Roots are important to me. You can't ask me to forget where my forefathers came from because of a red book

So you lied when you claimed you were as English as a person with historical roots in this country what was it you said 'I'm as English as you are' not once did you say this Englishness comes second to your Syrian roots hell you even went as far as to imply the poster was racist form claiming what you are claiming now (again you said 'can't I call myself English deposit being born here')

Don't get me wrong I love the way you will argue about this for arguments sake but don't expect people to take you seriously queeny
The war has completely escalated over the past few months and it seems like it's only going to get worse.

Sooner or later though, the criminal Bashar will be brought to justice.
Reply 78
So you lied when you claimed you were as English as a person with historical roots in this country what was it you said 'I'm as English as you are' not once did you say this Englishness comes second to your Syrian roots hell you even went as far as to imply the poster was racist form claiming what you are claiming now (again you said 'can't I call myself English deposit being born here')

Don't get me wrong I love the way you will argue about this for arguments sake but don't expect people to take you seriously queeny

They said I couldn't call myself English because my ancestors aren't from England :frown:
English and British come second. Roots are important to me. You can't ask me to forget my roots. Anyway I can be both British and Italian and middle eastern all at once right?

You can if you like just be honest about it in future.

But don;t forget I was the one who said you were English because you were born here you were the one who argued the opposite

But hell I suppose you'll be English as long as the rest of this country foots the bill for your illness with the NHS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending