The Student Room Group

Psychology+Cognitive Neuroscience interview help?

Hi!!! I have an interview with Manchester University soon for Psychology+Cognitive Neuroscience. I have NO idea what questions they will ask me. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to wear, what questions they will ask, and what not to do?

Thank you so much!
Original post by 123ple
Hi!!! I have an interview with Manchester University soon for Psychology+Cognitive Neuroscience. I have NO idea what questions they will ask me. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to wear, what questions they will ask, and what not to do?

Thank you so much!

Hi there,

Noticed you don't have any replies yet. I can't really offer any real advice on what will be asks as it's a long time since I never interviewed for university. Though in general they aren't trying to catch you out and they don't expect you to know loads of information. Mostly universities want to know you are dedicated, hard working and that you can handle being at university and the workload. So do some background reading, relax and you'll be great.

Going for smart will never hurt. Definitely don't go casual. shirt/tie/trousers or suit or blouse and skirt/trousers type of thing.

Main thing not to do is panic and don't say anything like "I didn't know what to do, so picked this subject" or "I didn't get the grades to go to X".

Quick Reply

Latest