The Student Room Group

Help With Songwriting!!!!!!

Hello everyone

I bought a yamaha ez220 a keyboard piano with built in sounds guitar strings bass drums flute etc

I need help writing songs

Im making music with slow beats
Sad songs music basically

Please help me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Giratina

What in particular do you need help with? Lyrics?
Reply 2
I dont know how to start off, what to write about

Posted from TSR Mobile
My music teacher said to me that you should think of a topic that you are either passionate about or want other people to know about and centre that topic in the middle of a thought bubble then write around it with words that come to mind
Reply 4
What I do is just write about what's bothering me, and get a beat working around that.
Reply 5
Original post by noor.m
My music teacher said to me that you should think of a topic that you are either passionate about or want other people to know about and centre that topic in the middle of a thought bubble then write around it with words that come to mind

Thanks I like this im gna try that
Reply 6
hi im a snake
If you split the song down into different sections that are more easily manageable then writing the song should be easier. Also for each verse and chorus you should come up with some ideas for lyrics that work well with the tune. From there on you will eventually improve certain areas of the song lyrics.

Hope this helps
Original post by Giratina
Hello everyone

I bought a yamaha ez220 a keyboard piano with built in sounds guitar strings bass drums flute etc

Im making music with slow beats
Sad songs music basically

Please help me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's best to just play something improvise and record it. Do this every thing you play. Put all keys in separate folders then add the improv played in those keys in their respective folders. Listen back to a folder. If there's any progressions that give you the tingles or, just in general, sound really funky together; stick them in logic / whatever virtual DAW you want and arrange it. Then play it back, record some gats over the top ( what you feel the melody of the vocals is going to sound like) and leave the lyrics for later. And if at any point you think of some awesome lines, jot it down. Keep a lyric diary. Don't think " hey I'm going to write some lyrics now", just let life, people, experiences and even something you read in a book, write your lyrics for you. A lot of professional song writers don't write entire lyrics at a time. They are known to cut lines out of newspapers, books ... Fragments help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest