The Student Room Group

UCL Statistics, Economics and Finance vs Warwick MORSE

I have received offers from both Warwick and UCL. However I do not know which to put as my firm. Bsc MORSE seems to be a better course but I am led to believe that UCL has a slightly better reputation. I would like a career in the finance sector. Not necessarily IB. It's a case of whether I go for the better course or better university. I would greatly appreciate some help with this decision.
Reply 1
Original post by imran.m11
I have received offers from both Warwick and UCL. However I do not know which to put as my firm. Bsc MORSE seems to be a better course but I am led to believe that UCL has a slightly better reputation. I would like a career in the finance sector. Not necessarily IB. It's a case of whether I go for the better course or better university. I would greatly appreciate some help with this decision.

May I ask when did you apply and whats ur stats looks like? I would choose UCL if it could be afforded. Plus, I know that UCL has lots of links with other excellent Unis in London e.g: LSE and Imperial. But Warwick doesnt show strength in terms of location and socialization.
Reply 2
Original post by keweixie
May I ask when did you apply and whats ur stats looks like? I would choose UCL if it could be afforded. Plus, I know that UCL has lots of links with other excellent Unis in London e.g: LSE and Imperial. But Warwick doesnt show strength in terms of location and socialization.

I appreciate your response. I agree with you when you say UCL's location means I will be open to more opportunities. I applied on the 13th of October. GCSEs 7A*s 3As AS levels AAABC A2 predictions A*A*A*A.

How about you? I assume you have applied to similar institutions to study similar courses.
Wow, I am really similar to your situation.
I applied in 13th Oct, and got offers from Warwick(morse) and UCL(statistics). Discussing with some of my friends, I am thinking of transferring my offer in UCL to statistics, economics and finance.
I am struggling with choosing firm choice as well, since I think Morse is a better course while UCL has a wider reputation in the world.
I would say Warwick Morse since being in london doesnt really give you a significant advantage and warwicks maths department is a lot more renowned than UCLs and warwick has a growing international reputation and people into maths and economics are well aware of warwicks prestige internationally .
That being said they are both solid universities and being in one over the other is not going to give you any advantage.
Reply 5
Warwick Morse in my opinion, but chose whichever one you feel will make you happiest
Reply 6
Original post by imran.m11

What did you end up firming?

Quick Reply

Latest