The Student Room Group

HELP - Bsc vs BA Anthropology

I don't really know what's the difference between BSc and BA Anthropology degree, although I tried to read on it but nothing convincing come up.
Could someone explain it to me? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by adelharai
I don't really know what's the difference between BSc and BA Anthropology degree, although I tried to read on it but nothing convincing come up.

BSc is more science based, whilst the other is more of a humanities type of subject (so more essays).
Reply 2
Original post by kkboyk
BSc is more science based, whilst the other is more of a humanities type of subject (so more essays).

Thank. :smile: Does it mean that BSc has lab work? And which one has more employability?
Reply 3
Thank. :smile: Does it mean that BSc has lab work? And which one has more employability?

Yes. Depends, both are pretty much the same degrees and most employers cannot differentiate the two so don't care. Regardless which one you choose, as long as you have lots of work experience and stand out then you'll get a job.
Reply 4

Depends on the Uni. The LSE have a BSc and a BA in Social Anthropology - the content is exactly the same, the difference is wether you perceive the subject to be a 'science' or not.
Reply 5
Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending