The Student Room Group

Media Makeup applicants for entry 2016

old thread
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi guys!
Thought I would make a new thread for media makeup applicants applying for entry 2016!
I've applied to Bournemouth, Bradford, Somerset, London and Manchester and have already got a conditional from Bradford (which I'm excited about as its my second choice and after Bournemouth is probably the best course) and I've got an interview from Manchester!
Where are you guys applying and how're you getting on with portfolios etc?😊
Reply 2
hey! I've applied to both courses at LCF, Southampton Solent, Bournemouth, and got a conditional from Birmingham. :smile: I'm also sending one eportfolio for london and one for southampton off tonight!
Reply 3
Ah that's cool! Ive applied for the prosthetics course at London! Southampton didn't appeal to me as it seems a lot more theory and design orientated rather than practical! Also i removed Birmingham from my choices as the course structure didn't appeal! How come you didn't look at Bradford?xx
Reply 4
Hi there
I'm applying for makeup
I applied to AUB, UAL, Somerset college, Bradford college and Manchester college
I have an offer from Bradford and got interviews from all the others but i declined London as i really don't want to go anymore!
Lydd
Hi,I have applied for this course at the university of bedfordshire has anyone else applied for this course?
Original post by millie.gd
hey! I've applied to both courses at LCF, Southampton Solent, Bournemouth, and got a conditional from Birmingham. :smile: I'm also sending one eportfolio for london and one for southampton off tonight!

Ive applied to the exact same except that instead of Birmingham I've applied to West Thames college!
In terms of replies I've gotten:
Unconditional from West Thames
Conditional from Southampton
Conditional from Bournemouth

But I haven't heard back from LCF yet even after sending my eportfolio in early december :frown: Have you heard anything since sending your eportfolio?
Has anyone who has applied to UAL: specifically LCF gotten offers or even interviews yet? Just wondering because I sent off my application in early december and am yet to hear anything! I'm slightly impatient haha!

I applied to the Hair, Makeup and Prosthetics course! What courses have you guys applied for?
Reply 8
I've got interviews at lcf for hair and makeup for fashion and hair makeup and prosthetics for performance!!! I had an interview for Bournemouth but ended up withdrawing as I didn't feel like Bournemouth was right for me?
Original post by domannehamilton
Has anyone who has applied to UAL: specifically LCF gotten offers or even interviews yet? Just wondering because I sent off my application in early december and am yet to hear anything! I'm slightly impatient haha!

I applied to the Hair, Makeup and Prosthetics course! What courses have you guys applied for?

I applied for this course and sent my portfolio request around the 18th of January but haven't heard anything aside from that.They must have had a lot of applicants this year :smile: It's nerve wrecking
I've got interviews at lcf for hair and makeup for fashion and hair makeup and prosthetics for performance!!! I had an interview for Bournemouth but ended up withdrawing as I didn't feel like Bournemouth was right for me?

Oh ok! When did you apply and then when were you given your interview dates?
Oh ok! When did you apply and then when were you given your interview dates?

I sent my online portfolios off around the 6th December and I got both interviews last week!!
I've got two interviews next week, do I take big pieces from my portfolio on the train with me or just take photographs
Original post by Emilyjoannemills
I've got two interviews next week, do I take big pieces from my portfolio on the train with me or just take photographs

I think I'm just going to take photos of mine :smile:
How are you all planning on presenting portfolios etc?
Reply 15
How are you all planning on presenting portfolios etc?

Hey guys! I got asked for a portfolio in mid december from LCF but i withdrew as i realised i didn't want to commit to prosthetics without knowing if i like them/are any good at them!

I have conditionals from Somerset and Bradford and have my interview at manchester tomorrow!
I had my interview last month at Bournemouth, but sadly i got rejected, i was torn as that was the place i wanted to go! I'm guna spend a year at another uni and try and reapply to either start again or transfer to second year!

My portfolio is in a black A1 presentation case, and all of my 3D work has been photographed and mounted on mounting boards!

I am so jealous that you got an offer from Bournemouth!!!
Reply 16
Ive applied to the exact same except that instead of Birmingham I've applied to West Thames college!
In terms of replies I've gotten:
Unconditional from West Thames
Conditional from Southampton
Conditional from Bournemouth

But I haven't heard back from LCF yet even after sending my eportfolio in early december :frown: Have you heard anything since sending your eportfolio?

So jealous you got an offer from bournemouth! What qualifications do you have and what was in your portfolio? Imma try and get in again next year!
Original post by Lydd98
So jealous you got an offer from bournemouth! What qualifications do you have and what was in your portfolio? Imma try and get in again next year!

In terms of qualifications I have a load of experience with various theatres in London working with their makeup artists to help me learn more about being a stage makeup artist. Ermmmm, Ive also done a short course at LCF and work experience with Kryolan. My portfolio included photographic evidence of all of that experience, plus a lot of my artwork including pencil, pen and paint, plus any extra makeup and hair looks that I have created over the years!

Then school qualifications include 4 A*s and 6As at GCSE and then 3 As at AS level (haven't done my A2s yet!)

I think the main thing bournemouth is looking for is people who are really willing to work hard for the three years they'd be studying at AUB, and people who've got the strive, determination and potential to be really successful! :smile:

I wish you the absolute best of luck getting in next year! Everything happens for a reason :smile:
I have an interview next Wednesday they want me to take my portfolio so I was thinking what should I take it says 20 items or more and what happens like in this interviews :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by LottyGreen
I have an interview next Wednesday they want me to take my portfolio so I was thinking what should I take it says 20 items or more and what happens like in this interviews :smile:

Where for?
If I were you (this is what I did anyway) I would take a variety of work including 3D/sculpture work, painting, drawing, life drawing and makeup images to show you are well rounded and have an interest in makeup.
Usually at interviews you all get taken into a room and you get given a presentation on the course then they take you off one by one for an interview where they ask questions and look at your portfolio! Sometimes they give you a your of the facilities sometimes they don't x

Quick Reply

Latest