The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Interview for MSc Genes,Drugs and Stem Cell :Novel therapies

Hi,
I've received the appointment for the Interview in2 days from now and I'm a bit nervous also because I need to choose one paper on which talk about during the first part of the interview.
I'd like to know how many chances I have to get an offer and what it would happend if I fail the interview.
Does anyone of you got a similar experience ?
Any advice?

Thank you all and have a nice day.

Sarah :smile:
Hi Sarah! I've just got an email asking me to attend an interview too for the same course. How did you find the interview? How was it when you had to talk about your chosen paper? :smile:

Isabella
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Hi Isabella,

I just received an offer for an interview for the course too! Can I ask how yours went? What else did they talk about other than the paper? :smile:

Nora
Original post by nc2213
Hi Isabella,

I just received an offer for an interview for the course too! Can I ask how yours went? What else did they talk about other than the paper? :smile:

Nora

It was a very broad interview and though they say they aren't testing your knowledge of the field, they are. Three of the course leaders will be present and I feel like they want you to have as much background knowledge as possible, in terms of your chosen paper, to make a good impression. They didn't really ask me much about the actual paper itself, most of the questions were based on topics mentioned in the paper. It goes without saying that giving a good intellectual guess at their questions will also make a good impression.
They'll ask about past experiences in labs and the projects you have worked on so be prepared to be asked about anything on those topics and to explain yourself clearly. Since I already had an offer from Edinburgh for the course I wanted, lets just say I didn't put all my effort into preparing for my interview at all haha. After taking a gap year I didn't really bother to re-examine my past projects in the amount of detail they expected, so I really wasn't very eloquent when answering some of these questions and could have done a lot better! If I had done a reasonable amount of extra reading and properly revised what I have learnt from my past lab experiences this interview would have been a breeze!

Best of luck! I hope it goes well for you!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Thank you for your help! Aha I have to get some prep time in before then!
Thanks again!
Reply 5
Hey guys!

I just received an invitation to an interview as well!
I just wanted to know how long does it take them to send an offer/rejection letter after the interview? My interview is on the 28th and I have a deadline to accept an offer by another university on the 30th... I don't know what to do, I don't want this deadline to pass only to find out that I got rejected by Imperial.
Hey,
I just had my interview on Thursday and I have not yet heard back. However in the interview they told me they would inform me of their decision within a week.

Good luck,
Nora
Reply 7
That sounds good, they are very slow when it comes to processing applications.
Thank you for your help! and good luck!! :smile:
hey!! I have just been invited for an interview in a week! so excited! though does anyone have any tips for preperations?
Reply 9
I had the interview yesterday. They asked me nothing about myself. They just asked questions from the research paper and my final year project. It was quite technical but the interviewed were quite friendly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending