The Student Room Group

Average exam grade

So I've written in my UCAS application that I'll be taking 5 exams. Now I'm only thinking about taking 4 of them. And if in my offer they say "an overall average of 8 out of 10 in the year 12 examinations". Do I need to take all 5 exams or will they just count the overall average of the 4 exams and there will be no problem?
Original post by gintareek
So I've written in my UCAS application that I'll be taking 5 exams. Now I'm only thinking about taking 4 of them. And if in my offer they say "an overall average of 8 out of 10 in the year 12 examinations". Do I need to take all 5 exams or will they just count the overall average of the 4 exams and there will be no problem?

Offers are made in the context of your overall circumstances. If you are already holding offers made by admissions tutors on the expectation that you will be taking five exams, then the offer may be invalid if you only take four.

Any changes to the "pending" results must be notified separately to each university where the application is still open (i.e. not rejected).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending