The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Citalopram vs Prozac

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have been taking various stuff since 2003, when i had a serious road accident. It left me with a brain injury. One of the effects has been depression due to the difficulty i now have hoping with everyday things. During the extended period i took prozac, my dose was gradually increased to a pretty high doseage, but i never really felt at ease on prozac. Maybe it was too much !
I have been on the max doseage of citalopram for a while now, and my experience has been positive. I still have the symptoms that do aggravate, but i also get waves of calmness that seem to flow though me. Once i got used to this sensation, i found i could use it mentally to good effect. It gives me the same feeling i have had after a half hour relaxtion/ meditation session, but constantly throughout the day. Also, it doesn't seem to stop me doing things. However, if you ride a bicycle for a while after taking it, i find that when i stop and get off, the effects are highly concentrated. I guess the increased heart rate must have an effect.

Latest