The Student Room Group

College relocation?

I'm staying at St. Hilda's for my interview and honestly I'm so disappointed. I'm not getting a good feeling about the college, the room I'm staying in and the bathrooms feel really unclean. I'm not sure if I'd even accept if I got an offer :/ I just really hate this place and regret applying here. If I did get an offer, could I request a college transfer?
Original post by Tessie25
I'm staying at St. Hilda's for my interview and honestly I'm so disappointed. I'm not getting a good feeling about the college, the room I'm staying in and the bathrooms feel really unclean. I'm not sure if I'd even accept if I got an offer :/ I just really hate this place and regret applying here. If I did get an offer, could I request a college transfer?

Very difficult to request a college transfer in general I'm afraid. It's usually for exceptional cases (eg you want to change subjects but your college doesn't offer it).

I do think it's a bit premature to say that you hate your college considering you've only been there for a few days maximum - you might well get a nicer room/ bathroom when you actually come up as a student, you might find that you get along much better with your college mates than anticipated etc. If you do think the bathroom is unclean though (as distinct from simply being old and slightly run down), I suggest speaking to college about this - the scouts are supposed to clean common areas. Is there any particular reason why you're not "getting a good feeling"?

My advice is if you do get an offer, come up next year, and still don't like your college (which happens, although most people are happy with theirs, even if it wasn't their first choice), then you might want to spend more time outside college. I have friends who lived out and only went to college if necessary.
Reply 2
Try to stay positive for your interviews. If you do get an offer, it may be for a different college. Also, you are at college out of term so it can seem a bit miserable; there's a different vibe during the term. In any event, as mentioned you can spend as much or as little time as you like in college. I didn't even stay overnight on site and my subject choices meant that the vast majority of my tutorials were at other colleges.

I would just focus on your interviews now and let the future take care of itself. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending