The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Any offers from UCL for Computer science?

Hi guys. Has anyone got an offer or interview for computer science in UCL? I haven't heard anything from them so far, wondering is it a sign of rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 123321123
Hi guys. Has anyone got an offer or interview for computer science in UCL? I haven't heard anything from them so far, wondering is it a sign of rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As I've heard they take a while to respond. I'm applying for this course myself. What subjects do you do? Did you apply with predicted grades/ AS grades?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I've applied for this course as well, and I'm yet to hear back. From what I've seen, some people who applied before the Oxbridge deadline had to wait until late January to get an offer, so it should be nothing to worry about.
Reply 3
Original post by Il Faraone
I've applied for this course as well, and I'm yet to hear back. From what I've seen, some people who applied before the Oxbridge deadline had to wait until late January to get an offer, so it should be nothing to worry about.

Thanks this is really helpful. I have got 4 offers except UCL one. This is the one I really want to go, so a bit worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Pyslocke
As I've heard they take a while to respond. I'm applying for this course myself. What subjects do you do? Did you apply with predicted grades/ AS grades?

I am doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics in A2. Applied with predicted grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I've got an offer for computer science, when did you appply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Datta10

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied on 16th of November, my predictions are A* AB, so I may get a rejection at the end which I have well prepared. Could you share your predictions and subjects you are doing if you don't mind? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I applied on 16th of November, my predictions are A* AB, so I may get a rejection at the end which I have well prepared. Could you share your predictions and subjects you are doing if you don't mind? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure :-) I'm doing maths, fm, physics and chemistry. I got an A* in maths last year and I'm predicted A*A*A in fm, physics and chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got one for Mathematical Computation (Maths and CompSci). Predictrd A*A*A, studying Maths, FM and Econ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Princepieman
Got one for Mathematical Computation (Maths and CompSci). Predictrd A*A*A, studying Maths, FM and Econ.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!I am still waiting, my predictions were A*AB, so I may get a rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was thinking the same. But it seems they are waiting til after the deadline.
Congratulations! When did you apply?
Original post by Datta10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by pragyasinha265
Congratulations! When did you apply?

Thanks, applied on 12th October :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied mid October and got an offer for computer science about a month ago. Predicted A*A*A, got AAB in AS.
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really wanted to do that course but I didn't want to do a 4 year course so I've just decided UCL is a no :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Jabberjay_
I applied mid October and got an offer for computer science about a month ago. Predicted A*A*A, got AAB in AS.

congrats! Is ucl ur firm choice? What other units did u apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
congrats! Is ucl ur firm choice? What other units did u apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, by units I presume you mean my subjects. I got an A in further maths, doing FP1, D1 and D2, and A in Maths doing C1, C2 and S1, and a B in computing.

edit: UCL will be my firm if I don't get an offer from imperial.
Reply 17
Thanks, by units I presume you mean my subjects. I got an A in further maths, doing FP1, D1 and D2, and A in Maths doing C1, C2 and S1, and a B in computing.

edit: UCL will be my firm if I don't get an offer from imperial.

Sorry I meant unis. If I get an offer from Ucl it'll be my firm. I am confusing about my insurance, Kings or Bristol? Any advise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I meant unis. If I get an offer from Ucl it'll be my firm. I am confusing about my insurance, Kings or Bristol? Any advise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got offers from warwick, kings and ucl, rejected from oxford but still waiting to hear from imperial. I don't know much about Bristol, so can't help you there.
Reply 19
I've got offers from warwick, kings and ucl, rejected from oxford but still waiting to hear from imperial. I don't know much about Bristol, so can't help you there.

I got offer from warwick as well,going to visit next month. So I may change my mind later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending