The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Anybody doing History at bournemouth?

I've noticed recently that Bournemouth now do history as course and I don't really have all that much information to go on. What is history at Bournemouth like are is the course any good? To add can I get some honest opinions on the university and if it's any good?
Reply 1
Original post by BrainDeadHorse
I've noticed recently that Bournemouth now do history as course and I don't really have all that much information to go on. What is history at Bournemouth like are is the course any good? To add can I get some honest opinions on the university and if it's any good?

Hi there,
I don’tactually know much about History form the student point of view but I can tellyou more about BU in general :smile:
I'm a thirdyear Events Management student and I wouldn't change it. I really like mycourse and the fact Events Management is pretty hands on like most of the courses atBU makes it even better. Another good thing would be placement opportunities.All Bournemouth University students have an option of going on placement whichgives them that extra experience to take out of uni. I'm on my placement now,going back to uni in September.
Facilitiesare pretty good too! Library, gym, student centre, shops, food outlets, 24hcoffee machines that most students end up using at some point :wink: and much more.
Social sideof BU is great as well. There's over 100 clubs and societies you could join, moststudent accommodation is close to the town centre which makes going out a loteasier too.

Have youthought of visiting Bournemouth Uni at all? Have you been to any of the OpenDays? I would recommend visiting all or at least some universities you want toapply for. You will be able to learn more about the course plus you will get a feel of what the uni is like.
Hope thathelps! Let me know if you would like to know more about BU.
Agata
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by BrainDeadHorse

Hi Brain,

My name is Amy and I am a third year archaeology student at BU (and a student ambassador).

Have you seen the webpage yet? That has a run through of all of the units on the course.
https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/ba-hons-history

This is a really new course, so I can't tell you much about it myself, and I don't know if you will find anyone on here who does it. BUT I can tell you about BU in general :smile:

You will probably be on the Talbot Campus, which is a campus campus. We have a gym, student centre, library, cafes and starbucks, and there is a boots just around the courner. Buses to all parts of Bournemouth run from out front, so if you live in the town centre that will be how you probably get to uni.

The library has oodles and oodles of books on History and Archaeology (if you want to wander across and have a look). You will be in the Media School, which has lots of shiny looking computers (you can tell I am an archaeologists and haven't gone in their much :biggrin:)

Was there anything specific you wanted to know about?

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending