The Student Room Group

Business and Management - which uni?

Hi guys,

I´m from Czech Republic and currently applying for a Bachelor degree in Business and Management. I´ve read many discussions about universities but I need your advice. I can´t decide which uni would suit me the best. I´m interested in Bath, Durham, Cass Business School, Exeter, Lancaster, Birmingham, Manchester and Queen Mary but I´m open to more. My the most important criterions are a career after graduate and respectability by financial institucions and than university life and student satisfaction. I would like to find a practice during my studies and I´m very social so living somewhere in a really small town is not for me. What would you recommend and why? Thanks guys
Original post by H.Jay7
Hi guys,

I´m from Czech Republic and currently applying for a Bachelor degree in Business and Management. I´ve read many discussions about universities but I need your advice. I can´t decide which uni would suit me the best. I´m interested in Bath, Durham, Cass Business School, Exeter, Lancaster, Birmingham, Manchester and Queen Mary but I´m open to more. My the most important criterions are a career after graduate and respectability by financial institucions and than university life and student satisfaction. I would like to find a practice during my studies and I´m very social so living somewhere in a really small town is not for me. What would you recommend and why? Thanks guys

Hi,

I'm a first year International Management student here at the University of Bath. I will try my best explain to you why I chose and enjoy studying at the University of Bath using your criteria!

I was in a similar position to you when choosing a university, also focusing on the career. Bath's careers service is outstanding, offering a large amount of support to all students. The School of Managements placement team recently sent me a questionnaire to fill out where I have outlined my interests so that they can start thinking of placements for my third year, so far it has been outstanding. I recently applied to PwC's Talent Academy, which the university were very supportive over from offering one to one advice as well as practice sessions for group activities on the assessment center. A degree from Bath would certainly be suitable for a career in finance in my opinion, maybe choosing BSc Management or Business Administration would give you more electives to specifically focus on finance. Alternatively you may wish to consider our Accounting and Finance degree, which appears to also satisfy what you are looking for in a degree.

From a social perspective the University of Bath is also very good in my opinion. The campus environment makes it highly likely that you will be surrounded by people that you know, which is great. We also have societies, clubs and different places to eat where I have made a number of friends. I frequently hear concerns of clubs in Bath, which although probably aren't as great as those in larger cities such as Bristol there is something large happening every night including two events on campus every week. Bristol isn't too far away if you are looking for something a bit more lively!

If you have any other questions please do feel free to quote me, I am trying my best to offer all of the advice possible to anyone looking to join us in the School of Management!

Hayden
Reply 2
Thank you Hayden, I´ll definitely apply for Bath.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending