The Student Room Group

help? or AMA: 17, Studying A2, Hopeful Medic and Have just found out i'm pregnant.

Okay,
My future has basically just been messed up, i haven't told anyone about this sh*t.
Doctor told me i was pregnant.
I wanted to go into medicine and now my whole life's f*cked up. wtf should i do?

Abortion isn't an option.

Yeah so AMA or offer advice please. Idk what the f to do.

It was also my first time, i lost my virginity and got pregnant.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Were you using contraception?
Original post by You Love Me
Okay,
My future has basically just been messed up, i haven't told anyone about this sh*t.
I wanted to go into medicine and now my whole life's f*cked up. wtf should i do?

Why not?

Spoiler

Reply 3
Okay,

Why isn't abortion an option?
well ****. You need professional advice, not advice from TSRians!
Okay,

Look at this:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/teenager-pregnant.aspx#close
Ask your doctor for a service you can talk too for free, confidential advice e.g. counselling, charities (why not call Nhs Direct on 111?). Don't base your decision on what someone on TSR says, go to a professional.
Original post by The Diplomat.
well ****. You need professional advice, not advice from TSRians!

We are professionals?
Original post by jamestg

I am not heartless but if that was me, I would have one... :/
Life can still be fine, just different from your earlier plans.
Original post by homeland.lsw

I would spend a while weighing up the options, but I'd make sure I never get my girlfriend into the mess the OP is in.
Original post by Kholmes1
We are professionals?

LOL if you say so
Is the father supportive? Does he have plans to go to uni too?
Original post by jamestg
I would spend a while weighing up the options, but I'd make sure I never get my girlfriend into the mess the OP is in.

Yeah but tbf it's not enitrely her fault...
There are options that she could go through, but maybe OP should take responsibility for her actions.
At the same time she's young, has her whole life ahead of her.
Best thing to do is tell her family, they can support her properly, they know best...
Have you talked to your parents and/or partner/baby's dad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Outside of abortion, gap year then birth the thing and put it up for adoption? You really are asking the wrong people, we all immediately thought of abortion as a solution regardless of what you said
Original post by Purplesplat
Were you using contraception?

Yes.
I should probably add that it was my first time losing my virginity.
Yeah but tbf it's not enitrely her fault...
There are options that she could go through, but maybe OP should take responsibility for her actions.
At the same time she's young, has her whole life ahead of her.
Best thing to do is tell her family, they can support her properly, they know best...

I never said it was her fault!! But there could've been some steps from both parties to prevent what happened, they could've still had intercourse (unless something went wrong by accident, e.g. wrong lubrication used by accident).

Yeah, telling family is probably the most important thing. They've got a job to care for the OP, not ridicule them.
Why not?

Spoiler

Original post by jamestg

Me and my family are strongly against it. I'm not really up for a massive debate about it either.
I'm pretty sure someone has already said this, but I feel the need to reiterate that you need to talk to a medical professional as soon as possible - not a bunch of students on an online forum.

Here's a link to an NHS guide:
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/teenager-pregnant.aspx#close
All that being said, I really do wish you the best.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest