The Student Room Group

Graduate job trap!

I am an engineering student and the pattern of a safe graduate job usually starts with a placement year whilst at university and a lot of the time the company will ask you to work for them after you finish university. I really want to travel after university but if I do get an offer to work for a company then it might be extremely stupid to turn them down in order to do that. Any advice?
Don't start that negotiation until you've started the placement, - so until then, don't worry about it. Look at their website or graduate recruitment processes for testimonials, as there may be instances of others with your apprehension who came to an arrangement.
Original post by Yume
I am an engineering student and the pattern of a safe graduate job usually starts with a placement year whilst at university and a lot of the time the company will ask you to work for them after you finish university. I really want to travel after university but if I do get an offer to work for a company then it might be extremely stupid to turn them down in order to do that. Any advice?

I'm gonna travel afterwards regardless. Cba with this boring graduate life, spent these 3 years working hard need time off to enjoy life to its fullest.

It won't look so bad because youll have 1 years experience anyway :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest