The Student Room Group

Get a debate in Parliament over Trump - support the petition!

The petition to ban Trump from the UK has now reached over 70,000 signatures.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114003

Once it hits 100,000, it will trigger a debate in Parliament.

Please vote now to push it over. :colondollar:

Voting is easy - simply give your name, postcode and email address. It takes a few seconds. :yep:

Let's humiliate this neo-fascist demagogue by debating in Parliament if he should be allowed into the UK. :five:

EDIT At the time of this edit, the petition had achieved 102,000 signatures, which is the level required to request a debate in Parliament. :clap2: However, please don't let this put you off adding your signature, as the size and scale of the response will also help to show how we feel about Trump. :yep:

EDIT EDIT: This is now the 10th most popular e-petition to the House since they started, with more than 144,000 signatures!

WOW

The petition now stands (20:35 on 9 December) at 312,000 signatures and is the third most voted-for e-petition since they began! :crazy: :banana2:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions?state=all

EDIT EDIT EDIT
Thursday morning. 418,000 signatures. Approaching 1% of the entire British population.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This would have made sense if he actually was the POTUS...
Have none of you learned yet? You're all doing PRECISELY what he wants you to do. He's got the entire western world talking about him.

Embarrass him? If the entire western media can't embarrass him enough to stop him saying what many perceive to be outrageous comments, do you really think you and 0.1% of the population of the UK can?

Each and every time someone reacts, they play into his argument - there's too much political correctness in society. Every time he comes back from making yet another statement, he's bigger than ever before and the entire Democratic and Republican field is talking about 'what Donald said.'

The man is a genius.
(edited 8 years ago)
I won't be signing.
I wish I could be this delusional

If only for one day :moon:
Reply 5
Original post by Fullofsurprises

Voting is easy - simply give your name, postcode and email address. It takes a few seconds. :yep:

Let's humiliate this neo-fascist demagogue by debating in Parliament if he should be allowed into the UK. :five:

I'll enjoy Liberal tears when he's elected..

Btw new polls puts him at 41%, highest result ever

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/polls/morning-consult-23281
He is a load of hot (and smelly) air.
Original post by TheCitizenAct
Have none of you learned yet? You're all doing PRECISELY what he wants you to do. He's got the entire western world talking about him.

Embarrass him? If the entire western media can't embarrass him enough to stop him saying what many perceive to be outrageous comments, do you really think you and 0.1% of the population of the UK can?

Each and every time someone reacts, they play into his argument - there's too much political correctness in society. Every time he comes back from making yet another statement, he's bigger than ever before and the entire Democratic and Republican field is talking about 'what Donald said.'

The man is a genius.

It's a theory, but history shows that demagogues who remain unchallenged during their formative years have a habit of later becoming world-threatening dictators.

Trump is obviously a showman and confidence trickster (for example, he doesn't include all the rich Gulf Muslims buying his properties or staying in his hotels in New York) but doing and saying nothing whilst he rants is just not an option.
Original post by demx9
I'll enjoy Liberal tears when he's elected..

Btw new polls puts him at 41%, highest result ever

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/polls/morning-consult-23281

Amongst Republican activists. It's number 14 on that page people who support him should take note of. He hasn't a prayer of winning the national election and it would be a disaster for Republicans if he did become the candidate.
83,676 signatures.

One last heave. :smile:

That's a wonderful description of him.
If Trump was elected president would that mean the end of our special relationship?
Original post by Dr Pesto
That's a wonderful description of him.

:hat2:

I did think he was just playing games, but now it's clear that the games are dirty, serious and deeply racist. He is in fact a fascist in all but name. I'm amazed the Republicans haven't thrown him out of the party.
Original post by dozyrosie
If Trump was elected president would that mean the end of our special relationship?

It's not too hard to imagine Cameron cosying up to him no matter how bad he gets.

Trump as President will have quite a hard time explaining why Gulf royalty and super-rich will still be allowed to jet in and out whilst 'lesser' Muslims must remain in their own countries.
How many MPs will turn up for any debate?
Original post by dozyrosie
How many MPs will turn up for any debate?

Often not many turn up, but for this one, I can imagine it might be quite a showing.
:hat2:

I did think he was just playing games, but now it's clear that the games are dirty, serious and deeply racist. He is in fact a fascist in all but name. I'm amazed the Republicans haven't thrown him out of the party.

I imagine he probably brings too much money to the table to be thrown out. And your post reminds me, the other day I heard someone say Trump isn't principled enough to be a fascist, which I thought was interesting.
It's not too hard to imagine Cameron cosying up to him no matter how bad he gets.

Trump as President will have quite a hard time explaining why Gulf royalty and super-rich will still be allowed to jet in and out whilst 'lesser' Muslims must remain in their own countries.

No he wont, when have politicians ever worried about truth? Wasn't it Goering who said "I will decide who is Jewish"?
I'm amazed the Republicans haven't thrown him out of the party.

What do you think would happen if they did?
Its hard to believe that 90,000 people in the UK support Political Correctness (Postmarxism). These people are the real threat to our society because they have absolute faith in their beliefs. Don't they realise that without free speech they would never have learnt about postmarxism in the first place?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply