The Student Room Group

Would you be happier if people stopped following Islam?

Scroll to see replies

No; I would be happier if people stopped following the extremes of all faiths. People are free to have their own beliefs, as long as they don't try and push it on other people and aren't extremist.
Reply 21
I think people would just find other religion/ race/ ethnic group to hate :/
Reply 22
Original post by abruiseonthesky
No; I would be happier if people stopped following the extremes of all faiths. People are free to have their own beliefs, as long as they don't try and push it on other people and aren't extremist.

But, lets just imagine if, out of their own free will, Muslims just decided to leave Islam. Would you be unhappy about that?
Original post by KingBradly
But, lets just imagine if, out of their own free will, Muslims just decided to leave Islam. Would you be unhappy about that?

I wouldn't really care tbh. If people want to leave of their own free will, fine - doesn't affect me. I'd literally have no opinion on it haha
Yes. I wish that all Muslims and all non-Christians will repent and receive the free gift of Christ, the only way to be saved.
Of course this also applies if you feel that you'd like to see all religion left behind in general, no whataboutery please.

A similar thread got deleted yesterday for absolutely no apparent reason. TSR guidelines are against overgeneralizing and stereotyping, this isn't stereotyping this is asking people's honest opinions on how they feel about an ideology. Apparently it's fine for there to be a thread asking if Muslim immigration should be stopped, but not this.

EDIT: This is of course completely hypothetical, and the question isn't "would you like to see Islam banned worldwide" or anything crazy like that. It's just asking if you woke up tomorrow, and out of their own free will every Muslim just stopped following Islam, would you be happy about it?

I appreciate general debates on religion in 21st century etc but why does Islam always have to be targeted? Surely this thread would be more appropriate and lead to a better debate if titled 'would you be happier if people stopped following religion'
Couldn't care less tbh,I'm not one for policing what people should and shouldn't do,their choice

I myself am a Christian
I think the quran is a barrel of fun and joy so no (sarcasm)
Original post by mikeoxlong000
I appreciate general debates on religion in 21st century etc but why does Islam always have to be targeted? Surely this thread would be more appropriate and lead to a better debate if titled 'would you be happier if people stopped following religion'

Islam is the religion causing most problems for people and society today.
Reply 29

Because Islam is the hot-topic at the moment, due to it's infiltration into many Western societies, and recent events. I wanted to see just how keen people really are on the religion. I wanted to explore the rift that no one discusses.
Original post by Longshot700
I would be happier if people minded their own god damn business instead of trying to debate on what other people should do with their lives.

As for the Poll, I voted no, I would'nt be happier if someone chose to leave Islam but I wouldn't be happier if they chose to follow Islam because I focus on my own life, not others.

How very self-centered.
Because Islam is the hot-topic at the moment, due to it's infiltration into many Western societies, and recent events. I wanted to see just how keen people really are on the religion. I wanted to explore the rift that no one discusses.

fair enough, not sure what you mean by 'its infiltration' though, its been around for a millennia, and accepted, for example, one of the documents formed as the US was founded said the US had no enmity against the religion or the followers. Thomas Jefferson welcomed muslims into the white house for them to open their fast in 1805.
fair enough, not sure what you mean by 'its infiltration' though, its been around for a millennia, and accepted, for example, one of the documents formed as the US was founded said the US had no enmity against the religion or the followers. Thomas Jefferson welcomed muslims into the white house for them to open their fast in 1805.

Revisionist history.

One of the first wars the US ever fought was against the Barbary Pirates. Muslims who captured Americans for slavery.

1805 was the occasion of the peace treaty that ended that war.

It started up again a few years later with the second Barbary War with America once again fighting against the Islamic capture of Christian slaves.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I don't think it's our place to interfere with personal faith, but then I believe that this particular faith is best suited to the Muslim World/Dark Ages, so yes

Some have said the same about Christianity and that it belongs in the dark ages but I choose to follow Christianity ,it's none of our business to be policing what religions people choose to follow as long as it isn't extreme and they aren't pushing it down our throats
Original post by JezWeCan!
Revisionist history.

One of the first wars the US ever fought was against the Barbary Pirates. Muslims who captured Americans for slavery.

1805 was the occasion of the peace treaty that ended that war.

It started up again a few years later with the second Barbary War with America once again fighting against the Islamic capture of Christian slaves.

'Islamic capture' lmao, they were North African pirates motivated by ransacking goods from other ships (like most other pirates) not by Islam.

You also sound as if the US never engaged in any form of slavery? :smile: Or christians, if you're set on making pirate warfare of that period between muslim pirates and poor christian slaves. Hilarious
'Islamic capture' lmao, they were North African pirates motivated by ransacking goods from other ships (like most other pirates) not by Islam.

You also sound as if the US never engaged in any form of slavery? :smile: Or christians, if you're set on making pirate warfare of that period between muslim pirates and poor christian slaves. Hilarious

Whataboutery.

You are aware that slavery is part of Islamic doctrine?

It used to be justified by Christians too, of course, just not nowadays, unlike the modern day Islamic State.
Original post by JezWeCan!
Whataboutery.

You are aware that slavery is part of Islamic doctrine?

It used to be justified by Christians too, of course, just not nowadays, unlike the modern day Islamic State.

I doubt you've ever studied Islam, so you're unqualified to make such an accusatory statement. Although I have heard that Christianity do have slavery in the Bible, but that was of the context it was written in.

And there's nothing Islamic about ISIS (apart from the name). If you truly believe the opposite, then I worry for you. It only plays into their hands, as they slaughter Muslims and non-Muslims alike.
Of course this also applies if you feel that you'd like to see all religion left behind in general, no whataboutery please.

A similar thread got deleted yesterday for absolutely no apparent reason. TSR guidelines are against overgeneralizing and stereotyping, this isn't stereotyping this is asking people's honest opinions on how they feel about an ideology. Apparently it's fine for there to be a thread asking if Muslim immigration should be stopped, but not this.

EDIT: This is of course completely hypothetical, and the question isn't "would you like to see Islam banned worldwide" or anything crazy like that. It's just asking if you woke up tomorrow, and out of their own free will every Muslim just stopped following Islam, would you be happy about it?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
HOLD UP PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT "RIGHTS"
Why is it that for a minority group of idiots who label their selves Muslims,they are making it hard for other Muslims to just live peacefully with out someone calling em a ******g terrorist ...

Everyone has their own beliefs and I respect that, but honestly individuals are quite idiotic to think that people would be happier if people stopped following Islam.

Did you know Islam is the religion which promotes PEACE.

I think that everyone would be a lot happier without these leaders who are full of ****..they just think to get their hands on more land and taking over..yet they cant even follow their own laws and legislation for example the Equality act 2010...or even the Human rights Act 1998.

Life would be a lot more peaceful without all this propaganda and people would be a lot more happier without MEDIA manipulation.Life would be happier when people are happy to accept others .. OTHERS = Different Individuals with different perceptions of things or individuals who look different.

That is when people will be happier.
(edited 8 years ago)
Of course. Without Islam there would be a lot less terrorism or wars in the world right now and seeing that hardly fills people with happiness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending