The Student Room Group

Pharmacy personal statement HELP!!

Hi.

I have no idea how to write the conclusion for my personal statement. I'm applying for Pharmacy (MPharm). Should I mention about the training period and the GPhc registration exam? What should I do! :frown:

Also, I have included life skill learnt such as first aid. Would it be fine or do I need to cross that part out?

I really want to study Pharmacy in university!
Reply 1
Original post by ilovesaku0613
Hi.

I have no idea how to write the conclusion for my personal statement. I'm applying for Pharmacy (MPharm). Should I mention about the training period and the GPhc registration exam? What should I do! :frown:

Also, I have included life skill learnt such as first aid. Would it be fine or do I need to cross that part out?

I really want to study Pharmacy in university!

My introduction paragraph was about Pharmacy and explaining the role of Pharmacists, and how they are integral to society.

In your second paragraph, you should talk about work experience e.g community, hospital Pharmacy.

In your third paragraph, you can talk about the skills that you learnt during your work experience and how beneficial they were e.g working as a team, ability to multitask, understanding and incorporating patient confidentiality into your work etc.

Next, talk about the qualifications that you are currently undertaking whether it be A Levels, BTEC, Access etc. Talk about individual subjects e.g Biology and Chemistry, maybe mention why you're interested in each and your favorite area e.g Organic Chemistry.

After this, you should talk about yourself. Start with something like 'Studies aside, I am ____' you know? Mention hobbies, sports, if you were a prefect during your secondary education, on the debate team, your first aid qualifications etc.

Your closing paragraph should be relevant to Pharmacy, and about why you think this is the career for you.

There really is no need to mention the GPHC examinations or the training period - you're applying to Pharmacy to enter into first year of the degree. :smile:

I did all of the above and have received 2/5 offers for Pharmacy so far!
Look at the advice on writing medicine PSs (linked in my signature below) - it will be relevant, as it's a vocational course too :smile:
Original post by Kaeden
My introduction paragraph was about Pharmacy and explaining the role of Pharmacists, and how they are integral to society.

In your second paragraph, you should talk about work experience e.g community, hospital Pharmacy.

In your third paragraph, you can talk about the skills that you learnt during your work experience and how beneficial they were e.g working as a team, ability to multitask, understanding and incorporating patient confidentiality into your work etc.

Next, talk about the qualifications that you are currently undertaking whether it be A Levels, BTEC, Access etc. Talk about individual subjects e.g Biology and Chemistry, maybe mention why you're interested in each and your favorite area e.g Organic Chemistry.

After this, you should talk about yourself. Start with something like 'Studies aside, I am ____' you know? Mention hobbies, sports, if you were a prefect during your secondary education, on the debate team, your first aid qualifications etc.

Your closing paragraph should be relevant to Pharmacy, and about why you think this is the career for you.

There really is no need to mention the GPHC examinations or the training period - you're applying to Pharmacy to enter into first year of the degree. :smile:

I did all of the above and have received 2/5 offers for Pharmacy so far!

Hi there.

Thanks for your detail advise! :smile: I'll probably struggle when writing my personal statement without your help. Great to hear that you have received offers! Congratulations. May I ask which universities did you apply to? And did you do interviews? I hope I can send out my application as soon as possible after completing my personal statement. (still working on it tho...)

Again, thanks for your reply. :smile:

Quick Reply