The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

HELP: Partying Vs Laid Back environments?

I'm hoping to go to Leeds starting in 2016 and I know it's a city uni so the nightlife will be great...however I'm not too keen on going out, partying and drinking all night long, I'd rather drink a little and have laid back, social nights. I was wondering if it was common having students that were similar to me and didn't always want to go out because I don't want to do things I'm not comfortable with just for the sake of the 'uni experience'. Also are there any particular places where I might find these kinds of people or should I just join societies and get to know people like that?

I've visited Leeds and know that it's my favourite choice so please don't consider me looking at other types of 'quieter' unis :smile:
Don't worry, there are a wide variety of people here, so you will meet someone who shares the same interests! If you aren't a big partier, I would advise you to perhaps apply to accommodations with people who reflect that. I live in Central Village, and it can get quite loud, my flat at least, and I know that is often the case in Henry Price as well. Just remember that some accommodations are rowdier than others, although you can still end up with chill flatmates! Even if you do end up with flatmates that love to party a lot more than you, you can still meet other people living in your block who are different. I'm best friends with a girl who lives 9 floors above me, lol, so it happens. Joining societies is always a plus; it's a great way to meet like-minded individuals. Good luck!! :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by BookBird
Don't worry, there are a wide variety of people here, so you will meet someone who shares the same interests! If you aren't a big partier, I would advise you to perhaps apply to accommodations with people who reflect that. I live in Central Village, and it can get quite loud, my flat at least, and I know that is often the case in Henry Price as well. Just remember that some accommodations are rowdier than others, although you can still end up with chill flatmates! Even if you do end up with flatmates that love to party a lot more than you, you can still meet other people living in your block who are different. I'm best friends with a girl who lives 9 floors above me, lol, so it happens. Joining societies is always a plus; it's a great way to meet like-minded individuals. Good luck!! :smile:

Thank you!!:smile: I was thinking of Central Village or the Tannery for accommodation, do you know what the Tannery is like?
Original post by Anikaya
Thank you!!:smile: I was thinking of Central Village or the Tannery for accommodation, do you know what the Tannery is like?

I actually don't know anyone living in the Tannery, sorry! I know some people living in Oxley and Liberty Dock, which are also located quite far away from the campus, and they all love their accommodations. Like I said before, it's very likely that you'll meet great and like-minded people regardless of where you're placed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest