The Student Room Group

Applying to University of Toronto engineering

I am applying to University of Toronto engineering with these AS grades Biology A Physics A Chemistry B Mathematics C.I have ordered my choices as follows 1) TrackOne 2)Mechanical 3)Civil
I have 1 A* 3A 5B in O level.What are my chances of getting in all of the programs.I have repeated AS mathematics and chemistry but they don't consider repeated grades.I really want to get in UofT but I'm really worried about my grades.My school grades aren't so good either.
Original post by Applicant123
I am applying to University of Toronto engineering with these AS grades Biology A Physics A Chemistry B Mathematics C.I have ordered my choices as follows 1) TrackOne 2)Mechanical 3)Civil
I have 1 A* 3A 5B in O level.What are my chances of getting in all of the programs.I have repeated AS mathematics and chemistry but they don't consider repeated grades.I really want to get in UofT but I'm really worried about my grades.My school grades aren't so good either.

Hey!

Grades are one part of the application, but not the whole thing; personal statement/essays and extra-curricular activities can help a lot. I know North America tend to be very proactive with the extra-curricular side of things, a strong proven interest and demonstration into something relevant can really boost your application.

It would be worth checking UoT directly about entry requirements, people can tell you "you won't get in with that" or "you will get in with that", but at the end of the day it can fluctuate a lot. If their website doesn't tell you everything you want then send them an email. Engineering is dependent on a solid understanding of maths, so if there's a way of showing you perform very well in it then it will be a huge benefit.

I've been to UoT and to the city, it's a really cool place and a great university, so good choice!

If there's anything we can help out with, please let us know! :smile:

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
Aeronautical Engineering - School of Engineering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending