The Student Room Group

Where to go on first holdiday with bf?

Hello! Just want to hear some ideas on where people went for first holiday as partners and how old were u?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coolclar
Hello! Just want to hear some ideas on where people went for first holiday as partners and how old were u?

Whats your budget?
Our first holiday was a week in rome :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Whats your budget?
Our first holiday was a week in rome :smile:

Within Europe.... Under £700 just for a few days (5 max)
Within Europe.... Under £700 just for a few days (5 max)

We went to rome for that price but it didnt include food/sightseeing and it was in may. France and spain are quite cheap to go to so maybe look at a short break there?
Do you have a max travel time?
India... food is amazing and cheap
We went camping in Wales, which is starting to feel and sound hugely unadventurous compared to some of the replies here! :blushing:
Went went on a two week holiday to the Mediterranean - a cruise with a few days in rome and venice either side.

We were 20 and 23 (if that makes a difference!).

Honestly it just depends on you as a couple. I know my first trip with my boyfriend was a pretty big one but he has quite a lot of disposable income and he loves cruises whereas I had never been on one and was apprehensive (it was great though).

I don't think the location matters that much, the next trip we're taking is only to scotland in comparison (which I'm just as excited for haha). Just make sure you only spend a comfortable amount for you and go somewhere you both want to go :smile:
Reply 8
We went to rome for that price but it didnt include food/sightseeing and it was in may. France and spain are quite cheap to go to so maybe look at a short break there?

Thanks! I'll consider Paris or Barcelona, sounds like an affordable place to go to
Reply 9
Original post by OU Student
Do you have a max travel time?

Under a week for a first short holiday :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
India... food is amazing and cheap

But going to India will take almost 2 days, back & forth. Just looking for a short European break for now then Asia after
Reply 11
Original post by Freudian Slip
We went camping in Wales, which is starting to feel and sound hugely unadventurous compared to some of the replies here! :blushing:

That's sounds good, a new thing for me since I haven't tried camping all my life :biggrin:
Thanks! I'll consider Paris or Barcelona, sounds like an affordable place to go to

If you wanted to go to paris, if you're lucky the eurostar can be less than £40 each way so check that out :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by LiquidGold
Went went on a two week holiday to the Mediterranean - a cruise with a few days in rome and venice either side.

We were 20 and 23 (if that makes a difference!).

Honestly it just depends on you as a couple. I know my first trip with my boyfriend was a pretty big one but he has quite a lot of disposable income and he loves cruises whereas I had never been on one and was apprehensive (it was great though).

I don't think the location matters that much, the next trip we're taking is only to scotland in comparison (which I'm just as excited for haha). Just make sure you only spend a comfortable amount for you and go somewhere you both want to go :smile:

I agree, that was a big holiday!!! Seems like a memorable first holiday!! I don't think we'll be able to afford that yet haha I'll be looking forward to go on a cruise, someday lol
Reply 14
If you wanted to go to paris, if you're lucky the eurostar can be less than £40 each way so check that out :smile:

I'll check.... Disneyland sounds fun!!!
Reply 15

Canary Islands, 23

Like UK trains, the earlier you book, the cheaper it can be. Although, we flew over and then get the trains.
Reply 17
We went to Egypt and 18 :smile:
Reply 18
Oh no nvm i went camping in Scotland with a diff boyfriend at 16 lol
Go on the Megabus -- it's so cheap! :teeth:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest