The Student Room Group

my grades don't seem to improve , HELP????

i moved to uk and its been almost three years, at first i thought its my language skills that is limiting my grades to go up. in GCSE's i went to college to do GCSE's with students who are resitting and in about 8-9 months i managed to get B's in biology, chemistry, physics and maths. and i got C in English language later. when i started a levels i didnt even know what its about so at first it was so hard to understand everything. i ended up with CCE in maths. chemistry and biology i was so disappointed but i didn't want to resit the whole year and now im planning to resit only individual units. i started earlier this year and been working hard but we did a mock in each subject and i got D's and E's. i revised earlier and did past papers like many people said but it doesn't seem to help. i really want to get 3 B's of course with some resitting. im really worried and panicking idk what to do, can someone help me with structured or listed things i have to do to achieve good grades or to revise effectively for those subjects? it will be really helpful thanks :smile:)
The best way to revise is firstly to do practice papers/questions, to find out where your weaknesses are (dont revises for them and do them in exam conditions etc)
Next you should find out what type of learner you are and what conditions are best for you to learn in, there are probably tests online but it's quite easy to figure out, for example, I learn best using colour and turning my notes into mindmaps, and I prefer to work where it is silent, however others prefer more loud environments, so listening to music is a good option, and some like to record themselves saying their notes and listening to them.
Only revise the things you need to know and don't already, so you don't waste any valuable time, and make sure to have revision breaks - its difficult to concentrate for a few hours in one go - do half an hour, then have a 5 minute break, then return to your revision.
I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest