The Student Room Group

Euro 2016 Thread

:crown::france:Euro Qualifiers 2016:france::crown:

With the draw taking place this Saturday, I figured we should have a thread for the tournament next summer.

So, let the discussion commence...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh, and Benzema won't be appearing. The FFF have suspended him following the Mathieu Valbuena sex-tape investigation.
Reply 2
Draw in 15 mins...
Reply 3
Group A: France, Romania, Albania, Switzerland.
Group B: England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia.
Group C: Germany, Ukraine, Poland, Northern Ireland.
Group D: Spain, Turkey, Czech Republic, Croatia.
Group E: Belgium, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Italy.
Group F: Portugal, Iceland, Austria, Hungary.
(edited 8 years ago)
There'll be riots in the marches...
Reply 6
It's going to be Italy again for England I know it lol. England v Wales should be a good one.

Edit: Nope, Russia!
(edited 8 years ago)

Very very happy! Finally we'll see if we can walk the walk when it comes to beating England. Just for the spectacle hope Bale is fit, would be devastating if he wasn't.
Cheryshev penalty, Skrtel last minute winner, Bale hat- trick, BOOM

Looking forward to the Franz Josef Strauss derby though :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Actually feel quite confident at the moment about getting out of our group, but you never know with England.
Reply 10
Heck of a group for the Republic of Ireland, mind.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Very very happy! Finally we'll see if we can walk the walk when it comes to beating England. Just for the spectacle hope Bale is fit, would be devastating if he wasn't.

Most entertaining fixture really, as we couldn't have got any of the big boys in our group (we got France in 2012). I always like to play the toughest teams in the groups as it's better than scabbing 1-0 wins against nobodies.

I can't see Wales doing much if I'm honest, we should have more than enough quality to win. Be decent if both could progress to KOs.
Reply 12
Original post by Wilfred Little
Most entertaining fixture really, as we couldn't have got any of the big boys in our group (we got France in 2012). I always like to play the toughest teams in the groups as it's better than scabbing 1-0 wins against nobodies.

I can't see Wales doing much if I'm honest, we should have more than enough quality to win. Be decent if both could progress to KOs.

I can definitely see Wales advancing with that group as it is. Slovakia/Russia could have been much harder propositions. Both home nations in Group B have got off lucky.

Suppose you could have gotten Italy.

You have the quality, but I question the heart. We are the opposite, plus we'll have the only World class player on the pitch. Quietly confident.

How does the group work? Is it top 2 and then 4 best 3rd places?
Suppose you could have gotten Italy.

You have the quality, but I question the heart. We are the opposite, plus we'll have the only World class player on the pitch. Quietly confident.

How does the group work? Is it top 2 and then 4 best 3rd places?

:biggrin: you can tell the Welsh haven't been to a tournament in several generations.

I'm not sure, I think there's an extra KO round this time, 6 groups so it can't follow the WC format.
Bale & Ramsey v England yassssss! Now that's exciting :biggrin:

Group C though, got to feel for Northern Ireland, paired with three very good teams, Germany and Poland being top notch.
:biggrin: you can tell the Welsh haven't been to a tournament in several generations.

I'm not sure, I think there's an extra KO round this time, 6 groups so it can't follow the WC format.

Wilf, mate. Of the 22 players on the field, the top 2 players will be wearing red. We'll do you, and then beat Russia and Slovakia for good measure.
It just had to be England vs Wales :awesome:

We got Russia as well :mmm:

We should be OK getting out of the group..

Ireland have it hard :fan:
Wilf, mate. Of the 22 players on the field, the top 2 players will be wearing red. We'll do you, and then beat Russia and Slovakia for good measure.

:biggrin:

Can't wait for this tbh.
Reply 19

Ramsey's barely top 5

Quick Reply

Latest